The Land Yacht 2006 dodge megacab cummins

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
So much fun lately, Last weekend I had to leave Sunday at noon and drive to Seattle for a work thing. So of course Saturday at 11:30 PM the water pump goes out on the truck in Oregon at my parents place, we didn't have one at work ( I work for Cummins) so I had to get a rental car and the wife drove the Jeep last week. Got back from Seattle Friday afternoon, go to my parents house to change the water pump get it torn down and find I also need a new belt tensioner pulley, we didn't have a tensioner at work and I didn't want to wait and also didn't want to pay for a whole new tensioner, I found autozone has the pulley itself for less than $20.

surprisingly the belt was not chewed up.
2vBgYRR.jpg

QoSQHRB.jpg

So new water pump, belt, tensioner pulley, thermostat, and coolant went in.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
The other week (of course when I was out of town) my wife calls me, "the brake light on the dash wont go off" I tell her to check the brake fluid and it was low, she runs it to the tire shop after topping it off and they say they cant find anything. I had ordered brake pads front and rear and was planning on tackling that this last weekend and looking for a leak. Friday night we go to dinner and when I was walking around the truck the front passenger wheel and tire was covered in brake fluid, so along with the front brakes it got a new caliper on that side, I only got the fronts done and need to do the rear next weekend.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
little bit of maintenance finished up this weekend, oil change, fuel filter, air filter, finished the brake job. getting it ready for Junior rodeo season and traveling.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
My 8yo has a Friday night/Saturday rodeo about 3.5 hours from our house so were going to go camp Friday night. Modified the rack over the last couple days from when it was on the Chevy. I use shank eye bolts to mount it giving me more tie down points. I also worked on my chuckbox just to realize it wasnt going to work, back to the drawing board.

ZddMUGO.jpg

andytruck

Observer
When you originally did exhaust, did you just take off muffler or did you do multiple things at once? If you jsut took off muffler and test drove it, what gains did you see? It is surely louder. Usually we run these trucks at lower rpm, so there is not a lot of exhaust flowing as compared to someone hot-rodding their engine at near red line rpms.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
When you originally did exhaust, did you just take off muffler or did you do multiple things at once? If you jsut took off muffler and test drove it, what gains did you see? It is surely louder. Usually we run these trucks at lower rpm, so there is not a lot of exhaust flowing as compared to someone hot-rodding their engine at near red line rpms.

All I did was cut the exhaust pipe right in front of the muffler, so its the cat, then about 2-3 feet of pipe and ends. It is louder but not overwhelming, I get a lot of people asking what exhaust I put on it lol. There wasn't really any mileage gains from it but it does feel like it picks up speed a little faster. Now with the shorty jr I gained 4-5MPG bringing it up to the 20-21 range which is pretty good for having 4.10's.

andytruck

Observer
Mine has never had a muffle so I cant know. It is not louder in the cab, but everyone tells me how loud it is. Not a big deal to me, but there are places I go where it would be nice to be more stealth. I am thinking of putting on a high-flow muffler, and do not think it would make any difference in power or mpg at the rpms I run on the highway. I am not concerned how fast turbo spools up when I am cruising down the interstate at a fixed speed, and not really concerned "off the line" either...

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Im not to worried about "stealth", we would take my 98.5 straight piped out hunting and the deer would just stand there because they were used to the diesel trucks and tractors, yet when a gas truck pulled up they would run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles