The latest essential piece of equipment from Yeti

Correus

Adventurer
Memories.. I had one of those.
The prior owner of my house, retired A&P guy left it behind. I used it at work on occasion.
Between that and A Tiffin box, my lunches were way more special than the other guys eating from Igloo mini coolers.

Mmm...tiffin box...

F350joe

I learned something today, ********'s is still in business.... huh.
There is one in my hood. Been there a few times and have left empty handed every time but once. Bought a pair of sweets but the are so tight they may as well be yoga pants. You don’t want to see me in yoga pants. It’s just jock stuff, a few cheap camping items and a wall for everything yeti. The sports authority in the space before them went out of business. What do they say about doing the same thing over again but expecting different results?

Airmapper

Inactive Member
There is one in my hood. Been there a few times and have left empty handed every time but once. Bought a pair of sweets but the are so tight they may as well be yoga pants. You don’t want to see me in yoga pants. It’s just jock stuff, a few cheap camping items and a wall for everything yeti. The sports authority in the space before them went out of business. What do they say about doing the same thing over again but expecting different results?

There is one in my town but I've never even been inside, don't anticipate I ever will. Maybe I'll go when I need something made by YETI, which will be a cold day in hell. ********'s making their political views known kinda locked me out as ever being a customer, their choice, I heard it hit their bottom line pretty hard.

I mean we got a Cabela's in town, who freaking cares about ********'s. I'm also a mountain biker and get some athletic type clothing, but I get that kind of stuff from the bike shop or online. Heck if I really really need sports clothes, we have Fruit of the Loom right here with a factory outlet, but so far haven't even needed anything from there.

I stopped in an Academy Sports once. It was kinda meh but they had a good range of stuff. Not the first place I'd go, but I'd go back.

I'm all for high quality gear and paying more for something that works. An under $10 Ozark trail cup works as good as any YETI cup out there.

Correus

Adventurer
I was reading an article last night about Yeti, their "philosophy", and how they have no issues thumbing their noses at an entire customer base - just like ********'s SP.

Within the article was the following:

"Yeti is what’s known as a lifestyle brand. People pay exorbitant amounts of money for their products because having a Yeti cup not only fits in with their lifestyle, but it says something about them. Something along the lines of “I lead a more rugged lifestyle and I need a product that can keep up with me.”

Like ********'s, Yeti is quickly becoming known for having the "we don't want THOSE kind of customers".

The article went on and discussed a handful of other companies that made the some genre of goods. One stood out simply for its slogan. I don't own an RTIC items, but ya gotta love it "Over Built - Not Over Priced".

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I'm starting to think Yeti is playing a massive prank where they're trying to test the limits of how high they can overprice junk and still get people to buy it.
Between this and the bucket I just can't believe they charge this much for something other brands have proven are so cheap and easy to make.

dcg141

Adventurer
Locally the best national chain store with real camping gear is Sportsman Warehouse. Ours is pretty well stocked with actual things you can use. We have a local outdoor store that keeps a lot of high end camping gear. I frequent both and buy from them. ********'s is a joke but I did see the $40 bucket there.

Correus

Adventurer
Locally the best national chain store with real camping gear is Sportsman Warehouse. Ours is pretty well stocked with actual things you can use. We have a local outdoor store that keeps a lot of high end camping gear. I frequent both and buy from them. ********'s is a joke but I did see the $40 bucket there.

You lucky sod.... there was a Sportsman's Warehouse in my area back in the early '00s. For some reason it only lasted about 4 years. Man I miss that place! Just as good as Cabelas, but not as snobby.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Ok... so scrolling through the camping equipment page on this forum I came across this one, so I read all the posts, then I clicked on the link to see what this lunch bag thing was that everyone was talking about. OMG. It looks like kinda like the soft-sided lunch thingy I would use at work (that I might have gotten for free). But $80??? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

I'm sure it is very nicely made and of high quality, but not $80 nice. I'm sure someone is buying them.

Oh; and after the whole ********'s thing about them selling (or not selling) guns (and to the point of being anti-gun), even if there was one of their stores in town I wouldn't shop there. There's a Sportsman's Warehouse in town thank goodness.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
There is one in my town but I've never even been inside, don't anticipate I ever will. Maybe I'll go when I need something made by YETI, which will be a cold day in hell. ********'s making their political views known kinda locked me out as ever being a customer, their choice, I heard it hit their bottom line pretty hard.

I mean we got a Cabela's in town, who freaking cares about ********'s. I'm also a mountain biker and get some athletic type clothing, but I get that kind of stuff from the bike shop or online. Heck if I really really need sports clothes, we have Fruit of the Loom right here with a factory outlet, but so far haven't even needed anything from there.

I stopped in an Academy Sports once. It was kinda meh but they had a good range of stuff. Not the first place I'd go, but I'd go back.

I'm all for high quality gear and paying more for something that works. An under $10 Ozark trail cup works as good as any YETI cup out there.

I just plastic welded a yeti for a buddy a week or so ago, am actually amazed how poor the quality is for the price, I barely had to spin my drill bit to terminate the cracks in the plastic--if I wanted to I could've just pushed. The crack in the bottom had calapsed inward about a quarter inch from lack of insulation, and a cat fish had stabbed straight through a cooler that is sponsoring most fishing tournaments. For the quality I saw Ozark trail prices may be to high....

OH and I had to repair it because yeti customer service had been blowing him off for months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles