The Little 2TRFE That Could..

jeverich

Luddite
If I remember correctly, they are from a ('92?) F150...

But honestly, that's a guess. After building a couple of sets, I've found the most critical thing is that the springs measure to be as close a match to the stockers as possible. I'm fairly certain that the donor springs I sourced for both spring packs were/are within ~ 1/16" of width compared to the Toyota springs.

I'm super happy with them, and wouldn't hesitate to build them up again. It's a little challenging to swap the assembled spring packs in and out, due to the way the spring hangers/axle is designed - but you'll get the hang of it. I really enjoyed being able to tune the springs by adding or subtracting leafs.

I run the OME standard Nitrochargers with them. Seem to hold up fine. I've been told that I need to get an extended shock such as the 5100s - but I haven't had the time to really research it further. Next will probably be an upgrade to the OME remote resi's. Honestly, I don't beat on my rig nearly hard enough to justify the cost - and I like the fact that OME Nitrochargers are cheap.

jeverich

Luddite

But honestly, that's a guess. After building a couple of sets, I've found the most critical thing is that the springs measure to be as close a match to the stockers as possible. I'm fairly certain that the donor springs I sourced for both spring packs were/are within ~ 1/16" of width compared to the Toyota springs.

I'm super happy with them, and wouldn't hesitate to build them up again. It's a little challenging to swap the assembled spring packs in and out, due to the way the spring hangers/axle is designed - but you'll get the hang of it. I really enjoyed being able to tune the springs by adding or subtracting leafs.

I run the OME standard Nitrochargers with them. Seem to hold up fine. I've been told that I need to get an extended shock such as the 5100s - but I haven't had the time to really research it further. Next will probably be an upgrade to the OME remote resi's. Honestly, I don't beat on my rig nearly hard enough to justify the cost - and I like the fact that OME Nitrochargers are cheap.

Jeff H

Adventurer

Thanks! I found a set of 1995 F150 springs I'm going to check out tmw for $80/pair. I'll probably pick those up if they check out and either the 5125 Bilsteins from DSM or the 60091 OME shocks. Once I get my truck back I can start the suspension build-up!

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
.410 is a great round,

Serves double duty in a Judge revolver also, lol...

Is your headache rack mounted to your bed bolts or into the rail system of the bed?

Love the extra brake lights in it too!

Last edited:

jeverich

Luddite
4.10 is a great round,

Serves double duty in a Judge revolver also, lol...

Is your headache rack mounted to your bed bolts or into the rail system of the bed?

Love the extra brake lights in it too!

Thanks!

I designed the bedrack to capture the bed rail using T-Nuts. Seems to be fairly solid.

Those LED lights are super bright; so much so, I'm amazed that they're DOT legal. Pretty sure that I pulled it off without looking too semi-truck wannabee. It was a direct response to nearly getting my backend sheared off by a semi that didn't plan out his left turn.

owyheerat

Adventurer
Filson!!!

Jake,

What did you buy at Filson? Tin cloth pants, Double Mackinaw Cruiser? They make some great apparel, I only own a few of there items, but what I have has served me well.

Cheers

Durwin

jeverich

Luddite
Jake,

What did you buy at Filson? Tin cloth pants, Double Mackinaw Cruiser? They make some great apparel, I only own a few of there items, but what I have has served me well.

Cheers

Durwin

Just stopped in to drop off my Tin Cloth Jacket for a repair... Although, it was pretty challenging to keep the wallet closed...

In fact, their incredible warranty policy and customer service/free shipping is one of the prime motivators behind my purchasing their gear. Of course, it also boosts my expo credentials as well!

I did chuckle at the bird dog that was meandering about the store, however. Slightly cliche.

Azazruk

When you have some time would you mind posting a picture or two of how/where you mounted the ARB compressor? Thank you

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Hope your doling well jeverich,

I got my Access Cab, :victory:

Tinted windows, and some other small mods, just got married as well so tires and such need to wait till we recover financially from the honeymoon and buying some appliances for the new home we purchased also. :wings:

Anyways, I have really liked what you did with your truck. I want a lift and re-gear badly but can't quite justify it just yet.
We spend some time at the beach in the Outer Banks area so much of my off roading is in sand. But I'll find a way.

Honestly I really wish there was a bed rack out there that captures the bed frame bolts like you did. I am just not sure about the sides of the bed.
It's one thing to have a nice bed rack and a RTT on there then factor in the flexing and articulatoon and distribution of forces and I am concerned.
I know All Pro makes a nice one that sits on full length "runners" for support.

Anyways, Here is my new Access Cab, Got a Utility Package with Convenience, 4-cyl 5-spd...
Stay safe and update us when you can. :rockon:

20150805_170041_zpsmmhs6ftq.jpg

jeverich

Luddite
I'm not dead!

Right in the middle of our pollock season up here; been doing okay - here's a few pictures from my third trip out. Put 90,000 Lbs. into the net in about thirty minutes - it's pretty fun. Essentially, the mid-water trawl is a $150k kit that I'm flying within feet of the ocean bottom. Occasionally, you can get a little too close in rough bottom areas and cause a substantial amount of damage to the net... As was the case during my last trip. What took 15 seconds to do required about 12 hours of repair work to the net. Not fun.

jeverich

Luddite
Decided to run the 17s that I'd picked up a while back...

Was about to leave the rather interesting "used" tire and wheel place, when one of the regulars pointed these out to me... OEM Sequoia wheels. $175 out the door, for all four wheels, mounted and balanced with my BFGs.

Getting ready for the annual Moab trip - stay tuned!

0dJgFUI.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94