The Little 2TRFE That Could..

owyheerat

Adventurer
Jake,

Glad to hear you and the 'little 2TRFE that could' are still going strong. I always look forward to reading your posts. Your adventures and upgrades are both fun to follow.

The fairy ride looks fun.

Be safe

Durwin

jeverich

Luddite
Not quite overlanding...

But.

Not quite overlanding... Botched my departure time from Washington this trip.

Ferndale, WA to Homer, AK in about 50 hrs.. departed WA 0730 on Tuesday, made it to Fort Nelson on "Day 1", then Tok, then Homer today to catch the ferry...

Really wish I could've taken my time. Absolutely gorgeous this time of year on the ALcan.

lost track after 10 bears yesterday...

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
And that's a large bear as well,

Looks amazing man,

So did you use the aux fuel in your cans and then remove them and store them in the bed?

owyheerat

Adventurer
Jake,

I wish my "not quite overlanding" trips, were that amazing! Georgous country and bears!

How many miles on the 'little 2TRFE that could' now?

Be safe.

Durwin

Louisd75

Adventurer
Years later, do you still own this thing????

Jake's doing well but his focus has shifted a bit. He sold the little 2TRFE a couple years back to a service member. It wasn't practical for his new home and work. Last I heard was that the truck was in Hawaii but it's been a while. I don't think Jake's active on the internet much at all anymore but I still talk with him regularly.

jeverich

Luddite
Ha. Man thanks for the reply, Louis!

The Tacoma is in Hawaii, I’ve since (upgraded?) to a 1992 Dodge W350. Modified it a bit since I purchased it.

The eventual goal will be an overlanding rig; however - living on an island in Alaska makes that opportunity limited!

0729809E-7476-48DE-9C35-D04CC1856EEC.jpeg
C4E1CB4B-E152-4E6A-8160-EEDD8DFC2E2F.jpeg

surlydiesel

Adventurer
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the truck is still going strong and you got a proper replacement.

I always seem to switch between 4cylinder Tacoma’s and full sized diesel trucks myself. I currently have a 2002 4 cylinder Tacoma for my work truck. It has a plow setup and hauls firewood. The other vehicles are a 2004 TJ for local running around and a 2016 F150 for long distance travel and hauling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz