The next build my brother and I

blackfin

Awesome build. I'm looking forward to the finished project. I'm in the early stages of my on build and struggling with deciding on an exterior sheathing and the building of the kitchen hatch.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
One side of the trailer skinned.

IMG_1753.jpg

This is the inside of the rear hatch with the light installed and the latch at the bottom.

IMG_1752.jpg

We will be skinning the rest of the trailer this weekend.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Both sides and the top is skinned.

IMG_1748.jpg

The window is cut out and fitted.

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

A shot of the passenger side completed.

IMG_1751.jpg

You may be able to see the wires sticking out in the front and both sides, it's for the lights to be mounted. Next is the trim then painting the sides and top. Still working on the rear hatch mount and the shocks to raise the lid.

We are on schedule to hopefully be completed by the first of the year.

sroth

Fabricator
Sorry if I missed it but what you use to skin it? Is in glued or just rivits?

I used 24GA paint grip pretreated sheet metal, needed sheets that were 5' x 10' and paintable so this material fit the bill. To fasten the sheet to the frame I used stainless steel screws with adhesive under the sheets. I didn't want to uses rivets because each would need to be treated to prevent leaks.

Sikocycles

Adventurer
I used 24GA paint grip pretreated sheet metal, needed sheets that were 5' x 10' and paintable so this material fit the bill. To fasten the sheet to the frame I used stainless steel screws with adhesive under the sheets. I didn't want to uses rivets because each would need to be treated to prevent leaks.

What is the thickness of the sheets you used?

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
The rear kitchen door is mounted.

IMG_1756.jpg

The trim is mounted around the edges. Side views with the lights installed.

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

The fan is installed in the top, ran a test of the fan and it works great. The fan is a three speed forward and three speed reverse, it moves a lot of air.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
It's time to paint the trailer so here are the paint prep pictures. It will be orange on the sides, black in the front diamond plate and accessories and white on the top front and back. The orange will match my jeep.
The water fill and the shore power are taped off here.

IMG_1800.jpg

This is the rear door with the license plate holder and the door latch taped off.

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles