The next build my brother and I

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
So the paint job is complete and the roof rack is installed. Left and right shots.

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

A shot of the rear.

IMG_1810.jpg

All that's left are the small details. Less than two weeks until the first trip with it.

blackfin

I used NASON single stage acrylic enamel. Used the same code as the tow vehicle. Devilbiss Finishline 4 FLG-670 Solvent Based HVLP Gravity Feed Paint Gun.

I just realized you're from the same neck of the woods as I am. Who are you buying your steel from; in particular the paint ready sheet metal? I'm getting most my steel from Dillon Supply and asked about paint ready sheets and they didn't really have a good option for it.

Anyway your build looks really good.

Mike

sroth

Fabricator
I just realized you're from the same neck of the woods as I am. Who are you buying your steel from; in particular the paint ready sheet metal? I'm getting most my steel from Dillon Supply and asked about paint ready sheets and they didn't really have a good option for it.

Anyway your build looks really good.

Mike

Mike,
Thanks. I get the paint ready sheets from Silver Sheet Metal Inc, 1571 Broad St, Augusta, GA 30904 (706) 724-8088, talk to Art. It only takes them 1-2 days to get it. The rest of the metal I get from Modern Welding Company of Georgia, Inc., 300 Prep Phillips Dr, Augusta, GA 30901, (706) 722-3411.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Putting the final touches on the trailer. Installing an extendable flag pole.

IMG_1815.jpg

Adding a track system to the front rack along the diamond plate.

IMG_1818.jpg

The driver's side has a road shower mounted on the roof rack.

IMG_1820.jpg

The passenger side has an ARB awning.

IMG_1821.jpg

Of course a must for every trailer, the bottle opener. If you look under the bottle opener there is a 12 volt plug for accessories.

IMG_1823.jpg

A surprise Christmas present was the radio in the back kitchen area along with the map on top.

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

I know this is a little hard to read so if you can not read it "Zombie Apocalypse Edition"

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

I have a few more shots of the inside that I will post later. One week until the maiden voyage. :camping:

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
We took the trailer out last weekend for five days and it worked great.

IMG_1880 2.jpg

The ARB awning and room on the passenger side.

IMG_1845.jpg

Our set up.

IMG_1853 2.jpg

Cooking work out great.

IMG_1848.jpg

We had a good crowd of folks camping with us.

IMG_1856 2.jpg

Mister O

I’m just catching up on the build! You guys knocked it out of the park, again!! Was great seeing you all in OSJ! Can’t wait to get back to the states and go camping!

Thomas

greenbull

Adventurer
Dang Wayne and Scott! Awesomeness as always! I just got around to the details after admiring he teardrop last spring! Hope to see you guys at Safari!

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Dang Wayne and Scott! Awesomeness as always! I just got around to the details after admiring he teardrop last spring! Hope to see you guys at Safari!
We will be at the Safari this year. Scott will be debuting his latest build at the Safari, it is over the top. It will be the first trip for the rig. I'm getting ready to post the build.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
So this is the beginning of the latest trailer. It will be a hybrid of previous build. Some of the requirements are:
Enclosed trailer
California king bed
Be able to stand up in
Fit in a standard garage
Keep the weight down
On board water and power
Pull out kitchen

pic 1 (1).png
pic 2 (2).png
Framed out the trailer portion
pic 3 (2).png
Starting the side walls
pic 4 (2).png
It may take a little while to get use to this new arrangement of the forum.

ottsville

Observer
Looks interesting...seems like some similar parameters for something I've been thinking of. My guess is with fitting in a garage and able to stand up in you will be going with a pop top?

Got any rough drawings?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
This is for Scott this time, right?
Not sure how he'll be able to stand up and still get the bugger in the garage....
Can't wait to see it happen though.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Looks interesting...seems like some similar parameters for something I've been thinking of. My guess is with fitting in a garage and able to stand up in you will be going with a pop top?

Got any rough drawings?
No drawings, but yes it will have a pop up top on one side like the old VW vans.

This is for Scott this time, right?
Not sure how he'll be able to stand up and still get the bugger in the garage....
Can't wait to see it happen though.
Yes it is for Scott so the pop up will be helpful since he is over six foot tall, that's also the reason for the CA king bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles