The North Face VE-24/25 Tent (1992)

mepplelef

In almost new vintage condition

*UNAVAILABLE*

Last edited:

highwest

I have/use one of these from the early 2000s, my folks have/use one from the 1970s, and North Face still sells and services this tent... just to give an idea of how bombproof this thing is.

GLWS!

Raul Duran

In almost new vintage condition

Included: Footprint, Tent, Rainfly, Poles, Stakes, Snap-on Sponges, Stuff sack
Known Damage: One grommet is missing (as pictured) but doesn’t affect the structure/setup of the tent.

Photos Here

I’m helping a neighbor out selling his tent.

Backstory: In the early 90s, he traded gear with a friend and ended up with a tent. He took it camping one night and the waterproofing failed. So he wrote to The North Face, and they told him the model was discontinued, but instead sent him a brand new VE-24/25. He has the original packing slip from The North Face (when they were in Berkeley, CA) dated 9/15/1992. Original instructions and marketing material included.

He took the tent out maybe 2 times since 1992. This thing is in pristine condition. I helped him set it up and took a few photos. This was the first geodesic backpacking tent - 4 season, 3-4 person tent. There are no stains, rips or tears – only one grommet missing on a strap (see photo). Tent is freestanding, has grommeted flaps on the rainfly for guylines, but none attached. He has all the original accessories, and it's been kept clean and stored well.

This tent is an absolute gem, and would love to see it used to the fullest and longest life it has! If you have any further questions, I can certainly relay it for answering :)

Price: $365 + shipping
Will estimate shipping cost based on location. Tent is in Wisconsin.
Is this tent still available?

Baja4us

VE24/25 endorsement. We also started out with a VE24 in the early 80's. Used it for years camping in Baja California and backpacking (we were younger and a 13lb tent didn't phase us then. It would go weeks standing in the sun and weathering Chubascos, used it for base camp in the Cascades, etc.. We would seam seal it every year. Then one year a zipper finally failed. Sent it to The North Face in Berkeley and were told it would be too costly to repair the zipper and would a new VE25 be acceptable. Still have it. Bombproof is right.

mepplelef

VE24/25 endorsement. We also started out with a VE24 in the early 80's. Used it for years camping in Baja California and backpacking (we were younger and a 13lb tent didn't phase us then. It would go weeks standing in the sun and weathering Chubascos, used it for base camp in the Cascades, etc.. We would seam seal it every year. Then one year a zipper finally failed. Sent it to The North Face in Berkeley and were told it would be too costly to repair the zipper and would a new VE25 be acceptable. Still have it. Bombproof is right.

Thanks for the testament! It's such a rare, lovely tent and an artifact of heavy, ultra-quality tents. My neighbor (the tent owner) is in his 60s and doesn't camp any longer, and would love to see this tent go on the epic adventures that it can live up to. He actually used it so rarely (1-2x after receiving it brand new) that when we set it up in the backyard, his wife came out and said, "Is that our tent? I've never seen it before!" ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier