The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Well, with less than a month it's time to start our annual thread!

who's coming?

what's new product will be on display this year?

Here are few images/videos from the previous years:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/com...-overland-expo-2012-is-around-the-corner.html

I personally can't wait to see the new location!

Like for the previous year, Overland Journal/Expedition Portal will have a great booth there and everyone is welcome to stop by!

(I believe Stephanie is working on a different theme this year....and I also believe Scott is bringing back a couple surprises...)

p.s.: Just to clarify, the Overland Expo event is put together by Conserventure, which is lead by Roseann and Jonathan Hanson.
Overland International (Expedition Portal/Overland Journal) is not officially involved in the event but we are always happy to support them the best we can.

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
We are having a little side secret project with Marcos from Flipboard where we will capture all images, tweets, facebook postings, etc whenever the tag #overlandexpo is used.

So when on-site, go ahead and use it so we can see the results...

Last edited:

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Expo Planning

I'm planning to attend the Expo for the first time this year. I'd like to drive some interesting trails/roads on the way to and from the event, and would love to have others join in the fun. I'll either be leaving from Portland, OR or Reno, NV, and I have a very open schedule to work with. After the event I need to get to Buena Vista, CO by the 25th.
-Any suggestions on good "offroad" routes to/from the Expo from these areas?
-Are there any groups headed that way or that would want to tag along with me?
-Any suggestions for a first timer at the expo from the veterans?
Appreciate the help and look forward to meeting more of you there.
VanMoon.jpg

Project510

Adventurer
I am pretty bummed I am going to miss this. After the great time i had at the Hollister rally I was soooo looking forward to miss this expo. Even tho I received a very gracious invite to ride along with Overland Nomads (Anthony), with the wedding plans and 2 jobs I have to pass this year. I cant wait to see everyone's photos/videos! Drive safe have fun everyone!

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Alyssa and I will be there. She is teaching yoga so if anyone or their significant other is interested check it out. She will be doing classes for all levels. Looking forward to catching up with old friends as well. We are likely going to do some sort of off pavement route either on the way there or back from SLC depending on how my schedule pans out.

kramme

Observer
I'll be there. Pretty damn excited!

Ditto to that - it will be my first. I will attend the One pan cooking with Ara and the Yoga that someone mentioned - yes of course as we need to take care of the body and soul. I am sure I will be purchasing a lot. Also I in another forum, mentioned I have a full setup of Goal Zero (4 panels with a tripod) and glad to show folks. I am a Blue Element with a Airtop in the general camping area. There will be so much to see and so many people to learn from. I can't wait!

Fergie

Expedition Leader
It'll be good to see everyone again, and meet some new folks.

Remember that Flag is pretty high up, so watch your alcohol and water consumption, and be aware of any cardiac and pulmonary conditions.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Dave, don't forget to bring your Maya outfit for the Maya booth...

2People1Life_Mexico_079.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting some new ones.
I really miss Jonathan, Roseann, Chris M. and a bunch of the old crew, really hope to see them there.

Seems to me that Flagstaff will be a great location with plenty of area camping and the weather should be amazing.

I know the hard work that Roseann & Jonathan put into this and it gets better every year. I hope the vendors bring some goodies so we can go shopping.

ScottReb

Adventurer
2nd year attending. First with the Alaskan though. Please stop by and check it out.

Also planning on headed to the North Rim GC after expo. Did the Mojave last year. Company welcome.

Can't wait!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles