The Official Bacon Thread. (Got your attention?)

Photobug

It is an awesome combination... let me toss another at you. Bacon and jalapeno, or red pepper flakes or sriracha infused dark chocolate.
I think they had the Siracha dark chocolate at Trader Joes but I have never had it. I am visiting a big city next week hopefully they have it when I am there.

Another recommendation "bacon candy" or "candied bacon"

Correus

Adventurer
I think they had the Siracha dark chocolate at Trader Joes but I have never had it. I am visiting a big city next week hopefully they have it when I am there.

Another recommendation "bacon candy" or "candied bacon"

Candied bacon is awesome.

We went to a chocolate tasting a few years back in the big. Something I wasn't too sure about trying, but did was using bacon, covered in hot, spicy infused dark chocolate as stirrer for strong coffee with cream. The cream helped smooth the chocolate and bacon flavors into the coffee. Once you start seeing the bacon you bite that part off so the coffee doesn't become greasy.

762X39

Explorer
How did I miss this thread...
For as long as I can remember, we have had bacon roasts at the cottage. You take a slab of smoked bacon, cut it into 3cm by 12cm chunks, skewer it on a hot dog cooking rod (I don't know what else to call it) and slowly cook it over the fire. I add a sliced onion and sometimes a halved tomato to the skewer as it nears being ready. When the chunk is done to perfection, we slide it off and into a nice bun adding the onion and tomato. I am a meataterian (as is the rest of my brothers and sister) and can thank my late Father for it. I remember my dad once commenting (as we were standing around the fire) that this is just like our ancestors would have done, singing, laughing, drinking and dancing... sharpening our swords and axes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles