The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hey guys!

We are looking to see what kind of set ups you guys are running! What are your thoughts on your Dometic fridge? What industry events would you like to see us at? Share with us!

We would love to see some pictures of your CFX Fridges in action, post below and if you have Instagram tag yourself!

(pictured below is a Dometic CFX 75 DZW)

shop.dometic.com

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am really interested in hearing from folks....I currently have a ARB 63L in my old Burb but the new Tacoma build I am thinking of going dual zone with either the 65 or 75. I would like to see how folks are running their cords.
Looking forward to some nice setups, post pics everyone!

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Here we are in Baja last January, on the right there is our Dometic and enclosed in a tarp as we drove south. Was worried about dust and water affecting the electronics. So am interested in whether or not it is suitable for outdoor use. Or, if your cover you offer would be a better option than a tarp! Dave. PS, it worked great, had it connected to a 120v source via our 2000w 24-110v inverter in the back of the truck.
IMG_1491.JPG

esh

Explorer
I've had Waeco and (now) Dometic portable fridges for many years. It's a really great product for extended camping use!

but. The design of the transit bag is a tragedy, at least for the CFX 50. I can't imagine a more convoluted way of opening the bag to access the lid, such that it is like opening a gift wrapped present every time you need access to the fridge.

jpachard

Adventurer
We’ve been using ours for 2 years now. We have the CFX 35 along with the cover and drawer slide. Thanks for the nice details on the cover that have all the clearances for the screw holes for mounting the fridge to the slides! Lots of nice details and everything has been working great.

We’ve done two cross country trips, one up to BC Canada from NYC along with numerous off road excursions in New England and the fridge has performed flawlessly.

Thanks for a great product!

Cheers, James

Instagram @octaneworks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Mate

Agree with a previous post about the insulated bag for the CFX50 - it is a terrible design. Why not simply make it open as per the lid? Well, there would have to be two versions made as the lid can be reversed but aside from this, it would be a huge improvement.

Insulated cover aside, the fridge is great. We have had Waeco coolers for a few years (from Australia) and they have been great. We bought the fridge a year ago and so far it has performed perfectly. Hopefully, it will continue to be excellent. The price point for the fridges are excellent, I think.

1Louder

Explorer
I am really interested in hearing from folks....I currently have a ARB 63L in my old Burb but the new Tacoma build I am thinking of going dual zone with either the 65 or 75. I would like to see how folks are running their cords.
Looking forward to some nice setups, post pics everyone!

I just purchased the CFX-75DZW. I bought it for the same reasons. I want to have a dedicated freezer area when I want to. Tired of playing the stacking game to try to keep some things frozen and others not. I just end up wasting food.

I just need to get the proper fridge slide and finish my updated platform.

Attachments

• IMG_0849 1.png
    IMG_0849 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 138

Old Mate

I just purchased the CFX-75DZW. I bought it for the same reasons. I want to have a dedicated freezer area when I want to. Tired of playing the stacking game to try to keep some things frozen and others not. I just end up wasting food.

I just need to get the proper fridge slide and finish my updated platform.

When reviewing fridge slides also, I found the Dometic one to be the best value also. Google for best prices...

1leglance

Great info guys, especially on the slide....
Now I can just hope there will be some show special pricing at OX West :)

dcg141

Adventurer
CFX 65 in the back of our X5. I run a Yeti chained to another 35 amp hour AGM. I found the fridge, slide and cover on Amazon and they were all "damaged" or discontinued. The damage was only the packaging on the fridge and the slide had a dent that was easily fixed. At the time there was not much retail available that I could find.

Attachments

• IMG_1076[1].JPG
    IMG_1076[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1074[1].JPG
    IMG_1074[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1075[1].JPG
    IMG_1075[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:

1leglance

Can anyone post a pic of that cover on the 65 dual door in action, just can't understand how it works from the pics

dcg141

Adventurer
Can anyone post a pic of that cover on the 65 dual door in action, just can't understand how it works from the pics
Mine has the option to select which side it opens from. But you have to remove the door and turn it around. Its a single door. Mine is however an older unit.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
No pics but its a 40l i believe. I have added a homemade reflection insulation blanket. I picked mine up last year at the BCORA and it was one of the few purchases I had planned on. I have really come to appreciate it , having cold drinks dry samwiches when out fishing in my BLUE SHARK IV a 14 ft tri hull from 196220180515_172632.jpgBLUE SHARK IV 2.jpg

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Agree with a previous post about the insulated bag for the CFX50 - it is a terrible design. Why not simply make it open as per the lid? Well, there would have to be two versions made as the lid can be reversed but aside from this, it would be a huge improvement.

Insulated cover aside, the fridge is great. We have had Waeco coolers for a few years (from Australia) and they have been great. We bought the fridge a year ago and so far it has performed perfectly. Hopefully, it will continue to be excellent. The price point for the fridges are excellent, I think.

Shoot us a message! We'd love to hear feed back on how we could improve the design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles