The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

eporter

Adventurer
Reaper229, that's a nice setup. I like the coin flooring on the vertical faces. Is that any specific kind of coin flooring? Home Depot or similar? Thanks.

If we aren't mistaken there's a few but the best place to shop and get more information about Dometic products head to https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/products/food-and-beverage/coolers/electric-coolers.

Hey Dometic guy.
I pm’d you about building a cfx cabinet. Haven’t heard back. Thought maybe if I posted here you’d get a ding? Or maybe someone else who knows will chime in. I need to build this cabinet this weekend, so I’d love to know some things that aren’t on the website or in the manual. My question is below:

Hi. I'm building a cabinet in my van with a space for a CFX- either 50 or 65. I want to make sure it's big enough for the 65, if I go that route. I have the Dometic Slide on order. My plan is to build the cabinet and use the slide with my cooler until I have funds to purchase the fridge.

I read somewhere that Dometic suggests 2" of space on "all sides". Does that include back? Is it okay if the back is more like 1" but has a cut-out for air flow?
And what about the top? Can I be tight on the top (1/2") if sides are well spaced?
Front side will be open.
And finally, I think I read that the Dometic slide adds 1/2'' to the height of the fridge off the deck. So height of CFX65 on slide would be 22 1/2" ? Can you confirm this?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

jwmw

Trying to figure the wiring for my Dometic CFX-75DZW, mounting the frig on a Dometic slide unit, with access from the back doors of my van. How have folks hooked the power up with the power plugs being on the front of the frig.....just run them along the side of the slide and hope they don't get pinched or caught in the slide? Thanks

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Trying to figure the wiring for my Dometic CFX-75DZW, mounting the frig on a Dometic slide unit, with access from the back doors of my van. How have folks hooked the power up with the power plugs being on the front of the frig.....just run them along the side of the slide and hope they don't get pinched or caught in the slide? Thanks
Why not try raising the slide up by 8 to 10mm/3/8" by using Nuts between the slide and the floor of your van then you can run the cables under the slide or better still put the spacers between the fridge and the slide that way the cable will travel in and out with the fridge,

Hope that helps,

jwmw

Why not try raising the slide up by 8 to 10mm/3/8" by using Nuts between the slide and the floor of your van then you can run the cables under the slide or better still put the spacers between the fridge and the slide that way the cable will travel in and out with the fridge,

Hope that helps,
Thanks for the idea. I like the thought of raising the slide so it clears the molding and floor trim. I'll just have to feed the wires back when I slide the frig back into its hole.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Thanks for the idea. I like the thought of raising the slide so it clears the molding and floor trim. I'll just have to feed the wires back when I slide the frig back into its hole.
You could also add some Velcro to the front of the slide to the keep the wires in place while your Travelling,

prerunner221

Adventurer
We'd love it if everyone running one of our fridges could post their setups! We love seeing new and unique setups!

My 50Qt is one of my favorite accessories and it stays in the vehicle full time. I just wish the cover had a single lid like the fridge. I bought the cover from you guys at Expo East but its just a pain to use, so I don't. I'll see you guys at Expo East this year,I'm hoping there's a new single lid cover in the works.

65258048_10157383438404494_2184357698877784064_n.jpg

65231070_10157383438709494_8777591016061403136_o.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Although I prefer ARB fridges I think that the Dometic Duel Zone/ Twin Lid CFX75 / CFX95 models are Such a nice design, this is really helpful for mounting in the back crossways in the luggage area of most normal sized SUV's and Station Wagons because you don't need a slide to be able to open them, where as others have to be put on a slide so you can get the lid open.

Stabwell

My 50Qt is one of my favorite accessories and it stays in the vehicle full time. I just wish the cover had a single lid like the fridge. I bought the cover from you guys at Expo East but its just a pain to use, so I don't. I'll see you guys at Expo East this year,I'm hoping there's a new single lid cover in the works.

The Dometic cover lid is a horrible design. I ended up cutting the sides at the seams, having the edges hemmed with some matching black material, and just using the Velcro attachments as a hinge. Now I have a single lid cover that opens with the lid of the fridge.

GlamperGA

The Dometic cover lid is a horrible design. I ended up cutting the sides at the seams, having the edges hemmed with some matching black material, and just using the Velcro attachments as a hinge. Now I have a single lid cover that opens with the lid of the fridge.
agree. they need to redesign that cover for the cfx 50w ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles