The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Wrangler 80,000 miles around Africa for 2 years

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

My latest video is on YouTube now:

Driving across the Republic of Congo !

The country was not at all what I expected, and I loved it!

[VIDEO]
-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

My latest video is on YouTube now - crossing the infamous DRC - The Congo - (Formally Zaire)

I think this is my best video yet, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

After 32,000 miles through 21 countries in Africa, I have officially reached the Southern-most tip of Africa, which is the half way point of the expedition.
Already it has been the adventure of my lifetime, and it's only half way done!

From here, it's North through another 15 or so countries on my way to Egypt in the North East. I hope you'll join me for the adventure.

Also, less than a couple of hundred yards from the southern tip I had my first "car crash"!
Rea the whole story here http://theroadchoseme.com/cape-agulhas-the-southern-tip-of-africa

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

Before setting out to circle Africa, I drove 40,000 miles from Alaska to Argentina on the Pan-Am Highway & finally I have published a book about my adventure:

My first taste of Overland adventures changed my life. This book is a collection of the adventures I had, the people I met and the lessons they taught me. It has taken me many years to write because it took many years for the lessons to sink in!

I hope it will inspire you to get out there and live adventures of your own!

AVAILABLE NOW: Grab a print or digital copy on Amazon, or (very soon) apple iBooks.

https://amzn.to/2wkxceX

-Dan

kpredator

Adventurer
congrats on your book dan.
when you head north are you going thru kruger?
personally i would recommend the kgaligadi,the botswana side 4x4 wilderness trails

good luck
kp

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
congrats on your book dan.
when you head north are you going thru kruger?
personally i would recommend the kgaligadi,the botswana side 4x4 wilderness trails

good luck
kp

Thanks!

I am on my way North now, hoping to hit your suggestions!

-Dan

JKU87

Adventurer
Hey Dan,

Enjoying your videos on YouTube. What a fantastic adventure you're on! Safe journeys and looking forward to the next update.

Corey

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Dan,

As a Geographer/cartographer I find your overlanding adventure tremendously exciting to read! Always checking your posts here, Facebook, and elsewhere for the latest update. Keep up the travels dude and be safe.

James

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hey Dan,

Enjoying your videos on YouTube. What a fantastic adventure you're on! Safe journeys and looking forward to the next update.

Corey
Dan,

As a Geographer/cartographer I find your overlanding adventure tremendously exciting to read! Always checking your posts here, Facebook, and elsewhere for the latest update. Keep up the travels dude and be safe.

James

Thanks very much for the support!
This continent continues to blow my mind, and I can't recommend more highly you both get over here and experience it. Rent a 4x4 with a RTT in Nam or SA and roam for a month or two, you will not regret it!

-Dan

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
If you have time, visit Chimp Eden. Good folks doing good work and home to Batimbi (known there as "Claude" - see their Group 3). Took a long time and a lot of work but we got Batimbi out of a cage in a closed zoo and safely to Chimp Eden.

https://www.chimpeden.com

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

After reaching the Southern Tip and half way point, I continued around to Cape Town.

The scenery along the way is simply stunning, and reminds me of the Great Ocean Road in Australia - actually I think it's even better.

And they have penguins. Yes, really.

More: http://theroadchoseme.com/towards-cape-town

Upon arriving in Cape Town I did the only logical thing - hiked directly to the top of Table Mountain. The view made the hike worthwhile!

More: http://theroadchoseme.com/table-mountain-hike

It's been nice to relax and thoroughly enjoy reaching the half way point, but now it's time to move North. I'm extremely excited for the Cape to Cairo run that now lies ahead!

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

I have just posted a new video on YouTube, this one is about the 6 weeks I spent exploring all over Angola.

It's only the second country on the entire continent I have extended my visa in, so you can imagine how much I enjoyed my time there.
Angola really has everything you can imagine, and now the visa is getting easier and easier to get. I hear some nationalities can now get it on arrival at the border. Sweet!

[VIDEO]
For anyone thinking about it, get yourself to Angola!

-Dan

KYLJR

Hi Dan!

I love to see your new messages and videos!
I just got a copy of your book. I have enjoyed it so much, that I have almost finished it in two days!

Safe travels!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi Dan!

I love to see your new messages and videos!
I just got a copy of your book. I have enjoyed it so much, that I have almost finished it in two days!

Safe travels!

I'm really happy to hear you are enjoying the book so much! Please remember to leave a review on Amazon!
Thanks

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles