The Total Approach of Getting Unstuck Off Road, by Bob Wohlers

shade

The Total Approach of Getting Unstuck Off Road: 4WD Self-Recovery & Vehicle-Assisted Recovery, by Robert Wohlers - @bobwohlers

While cruising Amazon, Bob's book popped up, and it looks interesting. I wish there were some sample pages or the table of contents was available in a preview so I'd have a better idea about what's covered. I have some experience, but I'm always looking for more information, and the author has a solid background. OJ listed Bob's books on their 2019 Gift Guide, too.

Bob, if you'd care to post about your book, I'd like to know more about it.

If anyone has a review, I'd like to read your opinion, too.

Laps

The Total Approach of Getting Unstuck Off Road: 4WD Self-Recovery & Vehicle-Assisted Recovery, by Robert Wohlers - @bobwohlers

While cruising Amazon, Bob's book popped up, and it looks interesting. I wish there were some sample pages or the table of contents was available in a preview so I'd have a better idea about what's covered. I have some experience, but I'm always looking for more information, and the author has a solid background. OJ listed Bob's books on their 2019 Gift Guide, too.

Tap on the “Look Inside” logo above the picture of the book and it will open to multiple sample pages to review.

F350joe

Good find, looks like it might be good to keep in the rig. I keep telling myself I am not going to get a winch on the new ride but this might change my mind.

drrobinson

I took a class from Bob last year and have read all three of his books.

Short answer, they are all excellent! Packed full of wisdom in easily digestible prose. I found myself nodding in recognition for lots of it, but always found some tidbit that made me think again.

Well worth the money it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shade

I took a class from Bob last year and have read all three of his books.

Short answer, they are all excellent! Packed full of wisdom in easily digestible prose. I found myself nodding in recognition for lots of it, but always found some tidbit that made me think again.

Well worth the money it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, Dr. R.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I purchased a copy at Expo West. maybe got a few bucks off....can't recall.

Really well done book with good illustrations/pics.

So many of us "Overlanders" buy a bunch of fancy gear and never practice different scenarios with said gear. This book will help improve your skills and safety related to recovery.

shade

I purchased a copy at Expo West. maybe got a few bucks off....can't recall.

Really well done book with good illustrations/pics.

So many of us "Overlanders" buy a bunch of fancy gear and never practice different scenarios with said gear. This book will help improve your skills and safety related to recovery.
Thanks for the advice.

I just made use of the Look Inside! feature on Amazon, and liked what I saw. This appears to be written like a comprehensive textbook, complete with self-tests, reference charts, and diagrams. I can see how using the book regularly would help me keep best practices in mind. I'm usually traveling solo, so having a reference source on hand to back up my decisions could save me from myself when it counts.

It's in the cart, and I'll post my own review before long. Thanks to all of you for the information.

Wilbah

Adventurer
It sounds like a good book. For anyone looking for a "starter" book on recovery I found the Army vehicle recovery pdf's to be a great resource. Lots of easy to understand drawings, tables and explanations for how much force is required under a variety of situations (mired in mud, rolled over vehicle, etc). Just Google Army Vehicle Recovery and you will find a bunch of (free) different iterations on the subject. (Sorry for the hi-jack but this may be a good starting point for someone not ready to pony up $60 for the book).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles