The ultimate cargo slide/tray?

crusaderJK

Adventurer
What about a 2 dr JK with out the rear seats?

Never any love for the 2 seater, the only problem I can see is the lack of the forward cargo mounts.

You can make the Frontrunner Cargo Slide fit in the 2dr with minor modification to one of the mounting feet and drilling two holes into the tub.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Any update on manufacturing jscherb? Itching at the potential for a DIY-ish slide!

I haven't really been in touch with the company much since I saw them at an RV industry show the first week of December, I've been too busy to check in with them. I'm tentatively meeting with them in about 2 weeks, I'll get an update then.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
I haven't really been in touch with the company much since I saw them at an RV industry show the first week of December, I've been too busy to check in with them. I'm tentatively meeting with them in about 2 weeks, I'll get an update then.

Thanks for getting back to me, hope all goes well! Your HD tailgate hinges are holding up phenomenally, by the way, so I'm excited to potentially pick up another one of your products.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Thanks for getting back to me, hope all goes well! Your HD tailgate hinges are holding up phenomenally, by the way, so I'm excited to potentially pick up another one of your products.

Thanks, glad you like the hinges. The same company that does the hinges is the one that signed up for the cargo slide system, so I think we can expect the quality to be at the same level. I'll post an update after I meet with them.

jp_rey

I am trying to make my own slides. I am using an APC heavy duty Sliding Shelf x 2. They are designed for 19" network racks. I am then using a sheet of Plywood and attaching the slides to it. The ply wood will then be bolted to the floor (I am still working on this. I was able to get 2 slides for no cost, but they are on ebay for about $ 125. Their capacity is 200Lbs each. 2 units mount nicely in the back of a JKU. My ARB fridge fits perfect. I will post pics as I go but the first iteration will cost about $50 for hardware and Ply wood. If I had to buy the shelves add $250 or so. There 100LB versions of the shelves are as low as $50 per shelf. Here is the link to the specs of the shelf I am using: http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Sliding-Shelf-200lbs-91kg-Black/P-AR8128BLK?_requestid=313877
The dimensions for the shelf is 28 x 17.5 x 1.75 inches.
IMG_1326.jpgIMG_1324.jpg

Last edited:

JeepinMike

A lot of great solutions, I had a hard time finding exactly what I was looking for too. I ended up making my own rack/storage area the bottom section can easily be adapted to have a slide out and I still may add one. This was a quick toss together using spare metal I had around my shop if I were to do it again I would change a few things. I love having a secure place to store some gear. It bolts to the floor using 4 of the stock rear cargo points.
4b22613e21f0e59e29f99b22805ba3d0.jpg
f61cd10b56b11da015e162c21407af3d.jpg
14f6dfb36ddc72ca904265a42177d6cf.jpg
701f03f8a64106dcb2735d9d574e0a0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCDriller

Adventurer
I am trying to make my own slides. I am using an APC heavy duty Sliding Shelf x 2. They are designed for 19" network racks. I am then using a sheet of Plywood and attaching the slides to it. The ply wood will then be bolted to the floor (I am still working on this. I was able to get 2 slides for no cost, but they are on ebay for about $ 125. Their capacity is 200Lbs each. 2 units mount nicely in the back of a JKU. My ARB fridge fits perfect. I will post pics as I go but the first iteration will cost about $50 for hardware and Ply wood. If I had to buy the shelves add $250 or so. There 100LB versions of the shelves are as low as $50 per shelf. Here is the link to the specs of the shelf I am using: http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Sliding-Shelf-200lbs-91kg-Black/P-AR8128BLK?_requestid=313877
The dimensions for the shelf is 28 x 17.5 x 1.75 inches.

View attachment 327504View attachment 327503

Is the 28" from front to back to back of the shelf including the handle or without it? This looks great, nice job!

jp_rey

Here is a picture with the ARB installed. I am using a rescue 3000 jump pack for power, it lasts 3 days without charging.
The next step is to use the existing tie down points to mount the plywood. I plan to carpet the plywood and install pins to lock the slides in and also when they are out. This iteration has it tied down to the rear tiedowns only. Just for testing I would want to make sure it is more secure before going off-road. The plywood base is 34"deep X 39"wide. With the ARB mounted all the way to the front the back top touches the rear seat. So Far the costs are Plywood $49, Misc Hardware $10 Total for platform $59. The slides were recovered from an old server rack.
IMG_1328.jpgIMG_1329.JPG.jpgIMG_1330.jpg

Last edited:

JCDriller

Adventurer
Here is a picture with the ARB installed. I am using a rescue 3000 jump pack for power, it lasts 3 days without charging.
The next step is to use the existing tie down points to mount the plywood. I plan to carpet the plywood and install pins to lock the slides in and also when they are out. This iteration has it tied down to the rear tiedowns only. Just for testing I would want to make sure it is more secure before going off-road. The plywood base is 34"deep X 39"wide. With the ARB mounted all the way to the front the back top touches the rear seat. So Far the costs are Plywood $49, Misc Hardware $10 Total for platform $59. The slides were recovered from an old server rack.
View attachment 327591View attachment 327592View attachment 327593

Looks great, I'm still on the search for a slider that is no deeper than 26". I'm not having any luck so far...

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Any updates you can give us on potential production?
I met with the company two weeks ago; they did give me target release dates on several products but unfortunately they weren't able to give me a release date on the cargo slide/shelf product set.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
I met with the company two weeks ago; they did give me target release dates on several products but unfortunately they weren't able to give me a release date on the cargo slide/shelf product set.

Ah bummer, well keep us all updated! I was really rooting for this to go through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior