The Warn CLW (P2000)

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Hi all, especially Andy...

I got a Cute Little Winch, a P2000. It looks darn near new and we're looking forward to using it for a rear-mounted utility winch (pulling a canoe onto the rack, pulling an elk into the back, raising/lowering the spare tire.. I know, no lifting with it!). The clutch is a rotating knob and its function is pretty clear. And on the other (motor) end, it's got a built-in in/out power control knob.

It's a quality little unit, but I can't find it on the Warn site. Is this the equivalent of the 2000 DC, in the event I needed parts or something?

Here are some pics:

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 7.03.59 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 7.04.17 AM.jpg

You're a cute little roller fairlead, aren't you! :)

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 7.04.39 AM.jpg

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Ah, the old P2000. This was one of our early portable winches. It likely would've had a mounting plate and chains to rig it; may have had a carrying case. I believe we discontinued these in the early 1990s or so after the P2500 came out. It predated our former WARN Works utility winches.

Unfortunately, we don't offer parts for these any longer. And if we did, you'd be better off buying a new WARN 2000 DC for about $95 or so.

- Andy

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Right on and no worries, Andy. Thanks for the info. We'll use this until it dies... which will, most likely, be never. I saw the price on that 2000 DC, when you recommended it in another thread. It's hard to believe it's under $100, with the remote cable and all... a nice bit of kit.

Bear in NM

Adventurer
I had one of the 2000's, and it is a decent little winch. Mine, as Andy noted, was part of the "kit" that came in a hard case. The only issues I had was the contacts in the rocker switch. And as I eventually hard mounted mine to the front of my Jeep, with a snatch block it had no problems giving me a little tug, when needed. The most use it got was pulling and dragging (with tire chains) large boulders at the house in Colorado, to make a large retaining wall. I used the heck out of it for that, and it kept on humming along.

The only real "mod" I did with mine was to make a wrap of duct tape around the outside of the rocker switch, to keep it from getting bumped, as mine was wired directly to the battery. Guess I could have used an inline switch, but the tape worked, as I was not using it a lot. I did try to rig a remote cable on mine, as I was not fond of standing in front of a working winch, but those never worked. Still, a very solid little winch.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior