Third & last campground in Maine we checked up

RJ Howell

This is my favorite! I figure most folks here will relate to this one. Bumpy dirt road heading in, flush toilets that are a walk from any site, very rustic/wooded sites and one amazing coastline without a sandy beach.. Heaven!

With barely (if) a dozen sites, it just won't get over-run. We found a real nice spot to hang with a jump-up over a boulder to get there. Fishing was at high tide only due to the cliff edges and even then it would be a challenge to land anything of size.

This place we will return to next summer! Who knows, maybe I'll catch one of ya's there!

Safe Travels

[media]

FAW3

Adventurer
I can't quite make out the name of this park...can you provide it please? Thanks!

EDIT ADD: Got it...McClellan Park, Millbridge, ME.

Thanks for this series...next summer may hit this area. I hope the Canadian border is open and we can have access to NB & Gaspe' area.

Last edited:

RJ Howell

Thanks for this series...next summer may hit this area. I hope the Canadian border is open and we can have access to NB & Gaspe' area.

I was hoping for this fall, but it's still weird... Quebec just went into another phase of locking down, so I'm not even sure next summer will happen.. Till we can, I'll be exploring the Maine coast deeper! West Quoddy Point is the furthest east point of the USA and also a cool place to visit.

Safe Travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior