Thoughts/Input on GM engines appreciated

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
You've just got to look long and hard to find the right one. I recently had luck looking through local/regional paper classifieds. Seems like a lot of folks just look at Craigslist, Facebook, and other online resources and forget about the old-school stuff. Well, the older folks still sell things the way they always have. Paper classifieds and a sign stuck in the window. Scored this '05 Suburban 2500 LT with 6.0 and 97K miles for a great price after not finding anything in electronic ads:
42glXR1.jpg

KIMBRO1014

I had an '09 Chevy with the 5.3 that had AFM. I babied it and changed the oil every 3K miles with full synthetic from day one. My mechanic was the head GM mechanic at the nearest dealership. He was surprised my 5.3 lasted until 114K miles when it gave up the ghost. It had oil consumption issues since about 50K miles but GM wouldn't do anything because 1 quart of oil burned per 1K miles is normal in their opinion. I've since moved on to a Ram 2500 w/ Cummins engine and will never look back. I had an '05 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 prior to my '09. I loved that truck and wish I never would have traded it in. I still see it around sometimes, she's still problem free.

Just an aside it’s really easy to turn off the active fuel management. It can be done with a tune or a plug in unit in your OBDII port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz