Thoughts on the Truckhouse Tacoma expedition camper...

Darwin

Explorer
Would still rather it be on the F550/5500 platform for tremendous margin of safety at minimal additional cost. Downside is parts are slightly harder to find vs a 1 ton chassis? Drivetrain parts will not need replacing as often as they are right sized for the 40s and weight I would guess.
IF they can get below max gvwr, staying with a 3500 makes a lot of sense. Especially considering how horrible the selection of 40" military MPT tires is. The Goodyears are $2000 a tire and huge pain in the ass compared to standard LT tires.

tacollie

Glamper
IF they can get below max gvwr, staying with a 3500 makes a lot of sense. Especially considering how horrible the selection of 40" military MPT tires is. The Goodyears are $2000 a tire and huge pain in the ass compared to standard LT tires.
This 100%. Super single conversions seem so gimmicky when you consider the tire selection and wheel offset. I know it's silly but it always makes me uneasy seeing the rear brake rotor so exposed. I would be open to 4500/5500 if prior kept to dual rear wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online