Three weeks in North Africa driving as far south as latitude 23

mph

Expedition Leader
Wow! Awesome narrative and photos. Looks like you had a spectacular trip. BTW...what kind of camera and lens were you using? Thanks again!

thebigblue

Adventurer
Thanks - Yes it was surely a trip to remember, could qualify as awesome. :)

A few of the photos was with a Canon 5D MKII and a Canon EF 70-200 mm. f/2.8L IS MKII, around 95% I guess was with a 1Ds MKIII I just bought secondhand half a year ago (but it has the same sensor as the 5D MKII) with a Canon EF 16-35 mm. f/4.0L IS, - no filters were used. - Oh maybe there´s also a few with the Canon EF 24-105 mm. f/4.0L IS, - but again nearly all was done with the wide-angel 16-35 f/4.0L IS ....

mph

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the insights. Your pictures were fabulous!

Thanks - Yes it was surely a trip to remember, could qualify as awesome. :)

A few of the photos was with a Canon 5D MKII and a Canon EF 70-200 mm. f/2.8L IS MKII, around 95% I guess was with a 1Ds MKIII I just bought secondhand half a year ago (but it has the same sensor as the 5D MKII) with a Canon EF 16-35 mm. f/4.0L IS, - no filters were used. - Oh maybe there´s also a few with the Canon EF 24-105 mm. f/4.0L IS, - but again nearly all was done with the wide-angel 16-35 f/4.0L IS ....

uzj100

Adventurer
Incredible story. All the great legendary off road vehicles in one place looks really fun. Thank you for all the pictures and stories.

thebigblue

Adventurer
Incredible story. All the great legendary off road vehicles in one place looks really fun. Thank you for all the pictures and stories.

Thanks - my pleasure.
Yes we had a capable collections of trucks, I´m quite happy about this as the going after the near tropical rainstorm was stressful and very tuff on all the vehicles... Actually the old white Defender did surprisingly good with it´s low power and being dead stock, - a lesson to the fact that an experienced driver makes for a huge advantage.

WininUtah

Adventurer
Thanks for the terrific trip report, I especially loved the photos of the Petroglyphs and the sculptured sand.

Bobit

Wow, great adventure awesome pictures fantastic report you really put your heart in this trip Sir, thank you so much for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior