thumbs up for T-Mobile international data service

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Yea My buddy uses it all the time since he is always traveling. Uses wifi when he can but the 2g is still a connection. I love all the things T-Mobile is doing to stir up the mobile market. Now it they could just get better coverage in the rural area's I would switch over.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Yea My buddy uses it all the time since he is always traveling. Uses wifi when he can but the 2g is still a connection. I love all the things T-Mobile is doing to stir up the mobile market. Now it they could just get better coverage in the rural area's I would switch over.

Agreed on all fronts. However, that lack of coverage is why we'll be switching do a different carrier very shortly.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Looks like AT&T coverage is now superior to Verizon in Colorado.

First hand experience this past weekend between two smartphones, one Verizon the other AT&T, west of Nathrop Colorado up towards St. Elmo.

Verizon = no service
AT&T = 4G and 2 bars

Review of coverage maps shows AT&T has better coverage even north of Buena Vista and west towards Vicksburg/Winfield.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
FYI ......

Sprint's new international roaming plan offers unlimited 2G data for no extra charge

Sprint has launched a new international roaming plan for customers visiting Latin America, Japan, and Europe. Sprint's new International Value Roaming will give customers unlimited 2G data and texting while in a number of Latin American and European countries, as well as Japan. International Value Roaming is available free of charge, and can be easily added to any existing Sprint plan........

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
I signed up for T-Mobile to take advantage of this as well. I've been with Sprint a long time, but their most basic plan with international roaming was a bit more expensive, and their coverage (Movistar) hasn't been as good as T-Mo (Telcel) in Mexico.

We're headed down the PanAm to Argentina, so our "International Roaming" is essentially indefinite. The kid at T-Mobile warned me that we may be disconnected if a majority (all) of our usage was out of the US, but since they don't require contracts we'll be able to cancel if that happens.

So far we're really happy with the T-Mobile. The customer service has been excellent, and our plan for my phone with unlimited everything but high-speed data (limited to 2gb, but good luck finding 4g south of the border..) is about $40.

Service in the States outside populated areas is abysmal, and far under what I had with Sprint. Were we to move back soon, I'd probably switch back over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz