Tiger Awning Question/Suggestions.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Looking for suggestions from anyone that have a 4wd Camper with a suspension lift and bigger wheels/tires and which Awning you went with that fits that lift. I have and use the ARB style Awning that mounts on a roof rack and is stored in a full length bag. But, I'm not sure that type will have poles long enough once deployed on the side of the Tiger. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks. IMG_4273.JPGIMG_4626.JPG

java

Expedition Leader
I have a Thule on mine, hard case crank out, the legs are long enough for my tall truck on the larger model, it comes out far enough that the drop is greater than my previous one.

Previous was a Carefree. The quality on the Thule is much better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I have a Thule on mine, hard case crank out, the legs are long enough for my tall truck on the larger model, it comes out far enough that the drop is greater than my previous one.

Previous was a Carefree. The quality on the Thule is much better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Btw, is there any side entry door interference at the top of the door?

java

Expedition Leader
Thanks. Btw, is there any side entry door interference at the top of the door?

Nope I have ~3-4" easy. I used the old mounting locations from the previous awning. It could be lowered some and still clear fine.

46752982545_b3488c9281_b.jpg

40499274463_e7e5e6376a_b.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Nope I have ~3-4" easy. I used the old mounting locations from the previous awning. It could be lowered some and still clear fine.

46752982545_b3488c9281_b.jpg

40499274463_e7e5e6376a_b.jpg

I like the wall mount poles! That's what I'm looking for. Are the wall mounts just screwed into the sidewall? Any issues with wind bending the mount/wall area? Can the poles also be mounted on the ground with lines? Which model is yours and approx. price? Much appreciated.

java

Expedition Leader
I like the wall mount poles! That's what I'm looking for. Are the wall mounts just screwed into the sidewall? Any issues with wind bending the mount/wall area? Can the poles also be mounted on the ground with lines? Which model is yours and approx. price? Much appreciated.

Mounts just screw to the walls. My walls are pretty stout, no problems at all. I am rather timid of it out in high winds though.

Yes poles can be staked down to the ground as well, they have feet with holes.

Its the Thule 10' model https://www.thule.com/en-us/van-accessories/awnings/thule-hideaway---wall-mount-_-490011

sendraCHINOOK

Im looking for one that is a little bit better in the wind. Currently have a 12' Carefree crank out. Anything over 5mph winds and it has to be pulled in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94