Tilley airflow Hat

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
well, I guess the "no questions asked" warranty they say they have has questions. ha ha. I still love mine.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
ha ha awesome.

im going to get either olive green or the brown of my outback. Just need the lightweight material of the airflow.

smittycrusher

Adventurer
Best Tilley Airflow that I have ever seen. I did have to drive all the way to Augusta, GA to get the hat. While I was there, I was forced to "hike" around some lush rolling hills.

SmittyMasters Tilley.jpg

Last edited:

R Thomas

Observer
I have used mine in the middle east and home in Texas. I am now in Canada and it keeps the rain and sun off. My son calls them "rich old white guy hats", because owners must not care what they look like anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I have used mine in the middle east and home in Texas. I am now in Canada and it keeps the rain and sun off. My son calls them "rich old white guy hats", because owners must not care what they look like anymore.
Yeah. They do sorta scream, "I'm not hitting on your daughter! She reminds me of my niece. I need a nap now."

267_zps35534442.jpg

762X39

Explorer
My son calls them "rich old white guy hats", because owners must not care what they look like anymore.

It's funny that you say that because our soldiers were issued these hats during Desert Storm.When ever I wore mine to my unit while in Civies I was admonished and had to remind them that mine was 10 years old at that point. I still have that hat 25 years later. It looks good, me... not so much.:coffee:
Purple Woods 2002 #2.jpg
I'll have to stop by Tilley next time I'm in Toronto and check out some of the new hats they have.

Last edited:

R Thomas

Observer
I have also wore mine during two of my three Tough Mudders. It washes clean each time and stays attached, even under water.

R Thomas

Observer
Having a hat from something like Desert Storm would make the hat very important to me. I have most of my gear from the same, but not anything I can wear casually.

I had my Tilley with me the last go around in Iraq, as a civilian. I left less than a year ago when things started getting out of hand.

My last post was a premature send.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
I love my Tilley! It's a great hat, keeps my head dry in the rain and the sunburn off my balding head. They are also much improved with the addition on Miocene era sharks teeth you can find at various locations on the Potomac River.

Attachments

• P6170241.jpg
    P6170241.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles