Timbren Axle-less for Long Trip?

Awkragt

Adventurer
So I picked up a TeardropsNW Ranger 2 years ago and its been great. I'm planning on taking it on the Pan-American next year. Colombia to Ushuaia. It has a Timbren 3500HD system. Seems like a very common suspension on this style of trailer.

Does anyone have any real work experience with these Timbrens on many miles of dirt/gravel?

Pro: Less complicated than the big swing arms systems with coils and shocks. Already installed on the trailer. Easy to bring a few spare parts.

Con: Ride quality is just a few rubber blocks. Its basically like riding on bump stops. Feels significantly less forgiving than the Land Cruiser's suspension.

Attachments

• 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
So I picked up a TeardropsNW Ranger 2 years ago and its been great. I'm planning on taking it on the Pan-American next year. Colombia to Ushuaia. It has a Timbren 3500HD system. Seems like a very common suspension on this style of trailer.

Does anyone have any real work experience with these Timbrens on many miles of dirt/gravel?

Pro: Less complicated than the big swing arms systems with coils and shocks. Already installed on the trailer. Easy to bring a few spare parts.

Con: Ride quality is just a few rubber blocks. Its basically like riding on bump stops. Feels significantly less forgiving than the Land Cruiser's suspension.
Hey!

Our Axle-Less suspension is a durable suspension that has been tested and used in extreme off road conditions. Depending on your overall trailer load - if you are closer to 3500lbs, maybe around 2500lbs ,little less...little more, it will ride very smooth. These suspensions are not designed to ride rough loaded or unloaded due to its rebound spring that keeps the rubber spring engaged a bit all the time.

If you have any questions about your suspension - give us a shout! 1800 263 3113.

Awkragt

Adventurer
Hey!

Our Axle-Less suspension is a durable suspension that has been tested and used in extreme off road conditions. Depending on your overall trailer load - if you are closer to 3500lbs, maybe around 2500lbs ,little less...little more, it will ride very smooth. These suspensions are not designed to ride rough loaded or unloaded due to its rebound spring that keeps the rubber spring engaged a bit all the time.

If you have any questions about your suspension - give us a shout! 1800 263 3113.

Awesome thanks. Didn't realize you were a forum sponsor! I've been meaning to get the trailer weighed and I'll reach out. I've got some Land Cruiser bump stop questions as well.

Frankspinz

Adventurer
If one was to carry spares for his trailers' Timbren suspension (for in the field repairs), what would be required ?

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
If one was to carry spares for his trailers' Timbren suspension (for in the field repairs), what would be required ?

Depends on what you are looking for?! This suspension is incredibly reliable. We do see people carrying spare spindles just in case they hit something that causes the outboard arm to bend or crack.

4 bolts and the outboard arm comes off the main suspension hanger.

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome thanks. Didn't realize you were a forum sponsor! I've been meaning to get the trailer weighed and I'll reach out. I've got some Land Cruiser bump stop questions as well.

Give us a shout when you are ready!

We try to be as active on forums as we can!

Thanks!

Adam_Cole

Not Timbren specifically but I’ve had bearings give out on Dexter Torsion axles multiple times; if your driving at speed the wheel can bend the spindle and it’s a pain finding a replacement. Even with properly packed bearings, they can fail without warning.

Suggest bringing at least one spare spindle and inner and outer bearing, as well as bearing grease and maybe a few cotter pins for the castle nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior