Time for a New Truck--MPG is a Priority

Grassland

Oh sorry I missed that he needed larger than 5.5 bed it wasn't in the original post.

Anyone offering a crew cab Long bed in only a half ton, it's usually the heaviest configuration available. Is GM offering that combo even anymore? I didn't think Ram was.

BrianPatrick

I could do the 2.7 with the 6.5 bed in super crew, but no 4x4 only 4x2 and I need 4x4. I drove the 2.7 today, while I was looking around it was very nice. Wish I could get in in 4x4, 6.5 bed and supercrew.

phsycle

Adventurer
The 3.5 is about 2-3mpg different at 65-70mph. But definitely can get super thirsty if your a pedal pusher.

When 100% stock, my 3.5 is 23-24 at that speed. So not that far off of my old 2.7 at around 24. This is driving the same stretch of highway I frequent.
City mpg seems to be 2-3mpg worse though. But maybe it’s the way I’m driving…

Bama67

One cool 3.5 Eco benefit is that with a tune its one of the quickest vehicles on the road. Laying waste to Mustang 5.0's and Challenger Scat Packs while running 33'' all terrains. lol
Not that that matters in Overlanding but fun nonetheless.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Titan gets solid hwy mpg with the 9spd. Mine pulls 20mpg on the interstate with stock 33"+ tires and a 2.5" lift. Also real comfy and quiet. Mine with 9k miles and every option was over 7k cheaper before taxes etc. than a base XL F150 extended cab 4x4 3.5 fx4. The cost difference would take nearly 20 years to recoup with the 150 and I have heated seats, heated steering, full leather, great stereo, led headlights, more ground clearance, elocker, quieter etc.

Dezertpilot

Find a 4wd 2007 Chevy Duramax, that's what I'd do, my Dad has one possibly for sale with around 130k miles. It doesn't compare comfort wise to my 2022 SuperDuty, if I were to own it honestly I'd be redoing a lot of things to make it more comfortable, anesthetics, etc but it's a Diesel that has AMAZING bones. If you don't want GM find a Dodge and do the same.

ricoisme26

Titan gets solid hwy mpg with the 9spd. Mine pulls 20mpg on the interstate with stock 33"+ tires and a 2.5" lift. Also real comfy and quiet. Mine with 9k miles and every option was over 7k cheaper before taxes etc. than a base XL F150 extended cab 4x4 3.5 fx4. The cost difference would take nearly 20 years to recoup with the 150 and I have heated seats, heated steering, full leather, great stereo, led headlights, more ground clearance, elocker, quieter etc.

Please tell me more!

I've been fascinated by Titans, they are not common at all near me, I feel many pickup owners are loyal to a brand and the owners club for the Titan is quite small. Think I've been in every other brand 1/2 ton if not driven each but have never sat in a Titan.

MAKE ME A CONVERT!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Im not biased or anything, but 2.7L F150.

Like others have said... Eco mode, cruise control and easy on the pedal and you will be seeing 20's all day long.

I drive like an ************ and have a heavy foot and and was getting 15 MPG all day. Best I got was 20 on a trip to big sur. 2wd super cab for what it's worth.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Better MPG than the most of the trucks + very good payload (better than Tundra) + excellent riding quality + almost flat bad + reliability and built quality - looks = Honda Ridgeline

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles