Time to get serious with my 3.15 gear swap

evomaki

Observer
About a year ago I bought the 3.15 transfer case gear set from Josh at ADD. Things got busy, I figured getting out the TC would be tough, but at least I'd have the parts. Time to get serious. The more I look, the tougher this looks. This forum has one decent swap post from something like 6 years ago, with some pic's still intact. "Sparky" made a swap post on the old ADD forum. I've even been to the Pajero club of Victoria Forum researching this, and 4x4 wire. Factory manual is not great in this area. Marks 4wd isn't either. They say look at the FSM. I think I sort of will have my act together once I get the beast out. The question is how to get that beast out? All these wrenching badasses just start with having the thing out. I need a little remedial ed. from the experts.

I need a trans jack for sure, and that's still tough as the base of that thing is angled. Anyone have tips? Looks like tranny mount has to be removed to access some of the bolts holding this on. Torsion bar cross brace is in the way, so looks like TC has to go back B4 front end of TC comes down and out. That how folks do this? Is there anything connecting this to the transmission in a gen 2.5 automatic (I hear of some rod? but maybe that is for a manual trans.). FSM is not clear, but I don't think I see this "rod". I'm assuming folks are taking off the TC only and not dropping the automatic trans and the TC as one unit. I don't want to FUBAR this. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior