Time to start over, looking for a diesel

nutpantz

Observer
To be honest I am thinking of moving from the mountains to the prairies, and with such a move I am thinking of starting over for my personal vehicle. I have a 98 blazer, bronco 2, and a 95 suburban all in various states of reliability and usability.
Going to the prairies I am thinking I want a diesel.
Really what I want is a 4 door blazer with a v6 diesel but I don't think they were ever made and I don't think I can source a diesel engine and swap for less than buying something with a factory diesel.

So what I am looking for is a older mid sized suv four door 4x4 preferably with a standard transmission roughly similar to a Chevy s10 blazer. With similar towing ability (around 3000 lbs trailer) when going to the mountains often.

What is out there?
I don't mind international imports if parts can be ordered. I'm in Canada so continental north American availability preferred.

written in your mud with my stick.

nutpantz

Observer
Yes there are a few diesel land cruisers around.easier to find pirate gold..but it's on my list..

nutpantz

Observer
Primarily because diesel will be free on the farm I will be on. Yep that's right if I have a diesel the fuel(within reasonable amounts) will be free fir my personal vehicle.
Kind of hard to beat..
But I still don't want a big diesel guzzler...

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
Primarily because diesel will be free on the farm I will be on. Yep that's right if I have a diesel the fuel(within reasonable amounts) will be free fir my personal vehicle.
Kind of hard to beat..
But I still don't want a big diesel guzzler...

Do you guys have red diesel in Canada? Meaning no road taxes are paid for farm use and it is dyed red. If you are caught it is usually big fines.

nutpantz

Observer
Do you guys have red diesel in Canada? Meaning no road taxes are paid for farm use and it is dyed red. If you are caught it is usually big fines.

Some districts do.most don't enforce.and anyone on a farm can get the paper work done in no time at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94