Tires

mtnblue

Observer
I pulled the trigger and ordered them, and will be putting them on this afternoon. Appreciate the feedback on happy users. It looks like I made the right choice. Thanks!

herm

Adventurer
f 350 13k lbs. i found the Revo2 much more resistant to sidewall issues than the bfg's. So much so, that we switched to them on our fleet in Wyoming. Lots of gravel and rocky road travel. We were changing about 1 a week of the bfgs and went to less than 1 a month with the Revo2.

The BFGs, even the "new" design are not the end all be all of tires.

herm

Adventurer
We had ~ 10 350 srws at aprox the same weight.

i was driving 175 miles per day with over half of it on graded gravel. most of the other trucks were doing a bit less.

round numbers: 1 per 5k miles on dirt would be 1 per week. that would be in the ballpark anyway.

roads full of 1 to 2 in crusher. cattle guards, etc.

Last edited:

mtnblue

Observer
Got the Falkens installed by a local shop. Huge difference in road noise and handling. Now all I hear is engine noise. So far I only have 10 miles on them, but they are a great looking tire and like everyone is saying (so far) is good road manners.

mtnblue

Observer
Drove around on the Falkens some more today, and I am pretty impressed with the lack of road noise. The tires have a very aggressive tread, and literally all I hear when going freeway speeds is the sound of the wind. Another noted on another discussion is the tread depth.... While I was at the tire shop I was looking at all the tire stacks and the tread on these tires is probably 1/8" deeper than everyone elses. If you are looking for a quiet and aggressive tire, this may be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online