To quote Ronald Belford Scott: "Top this..."

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Brilliant, inspirational post! And a very pleasant diversion from angry posts about the crazy, unpredictable world we all are living in right now. We could use lots more of these upbeat posts here.

Thx very much for sharing it. ??

This encouragement to head out on adventure, regardless of age, money or health, was so perfectly appropriate for me. I’m almost 70 and right now at the very start of recovering from recent cancer surgery. But today I’ve starting to look into planning some late summer and fall adventures because I finally got the go ahead to do so from my doc yesterday.

For almost 40 years, by sweetheart and I have enjoyed long (often epic) camping trips exploring the wilds of the PNW, the Rockies in the US and Canada, the Yukon and Alaska, etc., by kayaks, mountain bikes, on foot or behind the wheel of a 4wd camper, but I was concerned that travel was going to be off the table for us in 2020. Viewing this short vid really lit my fires up though!

MTVR

Good.

My wife is a lot younger than me, but we recently had to go through the cancer thing with her. Fortunately, we caught it early, and employed the three elements of a successful assault- Speed, Surprise, and Violence Of Action. That said, three cancer surgeries turned into five surgeries in six months. At this point, things are looking good for her.

And regarding your comment about "angry posts about the crazy, unpredictable world we all are living in right now", I am neck-deep in it. Because I am a retired cop with certain training, experiences, and skills, I have been recruited to do armed PSD (Protective Services Detail) work protecting the on-air talent for a news agency, as they cover the current riots as deeply as they can get into them. I had someone take a picture of me and the talent tonight before we left their office, and I texted the picture to an officer working the riots, so that he could disseminate it to others, hopefully minimizing chances of things going badly when the police finally have to take action. I worked the Rodney King Riots back in '92 as a police officer in this city, and I can't believe I'm doing this again...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94