Topo Toppers

Sewellymon

Just placed my deposit. Proximity matters; I live 70 miles from them. I can visit before we finalize my build, plus easy enough to come back if any issues arise.

bnkrpt

I've been drooling over and going back and forth between a GFC and OVRLND campers. The Topo seems to be the best of both worlds in my opinion. The topper shape and full pop up make a world of difference to me.

Their website says the bed width is 51 inches. I assume that's for the midsize trucks but I'd love confirmation that the fullsize truck version is wider.

Discobiscuit

I've been drooling over and going back and forth between a GFC and OVRLND campers. The Topo seems to be the best of both worlds in my opinion. The topper shape and full pop up make a world of difference to me.

Their website says the bed width is 51 inches. I assume that's for the midsize trucks but I'd love confirmation that the fullsize truck version is wider.
Hey, Katy over at Topo Toppers here! Full size trucks will give you a few more inches of width. 56” at the cab over and 54” at the tailgate. Length across all models remain the same at 80” though that length could easily be shortened if needed.

bnkrpt

Hey, Katy over at Topo Toppers here! Full size trucks will give you a few more inches of width. 56” at the cab over and 54” at the tailgate. Length across all models remain the same at 80” though that length could easily be shortened if needed.
Thanks for the follow up Katy!

It's hard to beat the bed size on the OVRLND camper shell but your Topo Toppers are so much more aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:

Levik

A follow up on the topo topper I ordered. I drove to their shop in California from Kentucky and had it installed on my 2016 Tundra. It's awesome. Really solidly built, all aluminum but the awning brackets, those are steel. I got to see toppers in various stage of build, and they are well thought out and well designed. they went through the operation of the tent closely, and we did some practice runs. I had my 5 year old son with me and they were very patient with his level of rowdy careening through their workspace. We camped in it on the way to Utah, where my boy insisted we continue sleeping in it( in the driveway) while we visited my parents. Dropped my mileage a couple of mpg's. Weighs around 300 lbs.
Here's what I love: I've been using my truck like normal! Tools, jobsite materials, dog crates, groceries. Just a normal truck. going camping this weekend: Boom instant camp. It's exactly what I wanted. I'd post pics, but am inept at computers. Feel free to ask questions, happy to offer info.

xyounx

I ordered the Badlander back in 2/15/2022, I got it installed on 6/18/2022 (could've been earlier if I picked weekdays for install). And It was the first camper they produced for Tundra 6.5ft bed.
They had to postpone the delivery time by 2-3 weeks because they were moving to bigger place and etc, but they were pretty transparent about what was going on, and kept me updated. After seeing what's going on in the shop, I think lead time will get better in the future.
Dropped off the truck 9AM in the morning, and by 3PM it was ready. There were plenty places to hang out nearby while waiting like a brewery and good restaurants near the beach. Thomas and Katy went thru every details on the camper, practiced opening and closing many times ended up talking for 2 hours. The camper doesn't have much insulation, but that's why it's so light, not much more than 300lbs despite the size. It is much lighter than canopy/RTT combo. I added Icon RXT leaf springs(rated at 750lbs max) to compensate the weight, it was too much of springs lol.
Overall, my experience with Topo Topper was great. I love the look of my truck so much, super satisfied. I'd recommend them to anyone. I'd share photos later.

Veggie Taco

I ordered the Badlander back in 2/15/2022, I got it installed on 6/18/2022 (could've been earlier if I picked weekdays for install). And It was the first camper they produced for Tundra 6.5ft bed.
They had to postpone the delivery time by 2-3 weeks because they were moving to bigger place and etc, but they were pretty transparent about what was going on, and kept me updated. After seeing what's going on in the shop, I think lead time will get better in the future.
Dropped off the truck 9AM in the morning, and by 3PM it was ready. There were plenty places to hang out nearby while waiting like a brewery and good restaurants near the beach. Thomas and Katy went thru every details on the camper, practiced opening and closing many times ended up talking for 2 hours. The camper doesn't have much insulation, but that's why it's so light, not much more than 300lbs despite the size. It is much lighter than canopy/RTT combo. I added Icon RXT leaf springs(rated at 750lbs max) to compensate the weight, it was too much of springs lol.
Overall, my experience with Topo Topper was great. I love the look of my truck so much, super satisfied. I'd recommend them to anyone. I'd share photos later.

Which option do you have your RXT leaf springs on?

I have mine set on option 3 to offset the weight of the topper, plus camping gear.

xyounx

Which option do you have your RXT leaf springs on?

I have mine set on option 3 to offset the weight of the topper, plus camping gear.

I set mine on option 3, and it only sagged about 1~1.5inch. Maybe I should've went with option 2. but I am planning to build out interiors, so we will see when it's done.

Tundra12

A follow up on the topo topper I ordered. I drove to their shop in California from Kentucky and had it installed on my 2016 Tundra. It's awesome. Really solidly built, all aluminum but the awning brackets, those are steel. I got to see toppers in various stage of build, and they are well thought out and well designed. they went through the operation of the tent closely, and we did some practice runs. I had my 5 year old son with me and they were very patient with his level of rowdy careening through their workspace. We camped in it on the way to Utah, where my boy insisted we continue sleeping in it( in the driveway) while we visited my parents. Dropped my mileage a couple of mpg's. Weighs around 300 lbs.
Here's what I love: I've been using my truck like normal! Tools, jobsite materials, dog crates, groceries. Just a normal truck. going camping this weekend: Boom instant camp. It's exactly what I wanted. I'd post pics, but am inept at computers. Feel free to ask questions, happy to offer info.
Congratulations on your Topo Topper! I’m currently in the research phase and have some questions regarding your Topo. I currently have a second gen Tundra and have been looking at Topo Badlander, AT Atlas, Snap Outfitters Treehouse, Vagabond Nomad. I know two of these are wedge type. What would you say is the main reason you went with Topo? Did you have an opportunity to compare your Topo with any of the other companies listed here? Appreciate any info you can provide.

OVRLNDFX4

FYI. They now offer a wedge style camper, The Mesa. It will confuse you more now sine both offerings are super nice! That was my predicament but ultimately went with thier Mesa. I cant wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz