Tour de Canada part deux

unkamonkey

Explorer
A finer point, I would get a cigar out and smoke it on the front porch, except it's only about 20 degrees F out there and there isn't any fair young ladys in sight and they would be dressed in a proper manner for the conditions.

westyss

Explorer
My kind...

of ride...:drool:

Hey Chilli where was this truck? I dont know how many of these are out there but I think that one is my brother inlaws?? Here is a picture of his prior to a re make and paint, after paint he changed the tires, removed the winch and bumper and painted the roof white..............this sure looks like it!
DSCF4072_zps5b3de704.jpg

unkamonkey

Explorer
The emblem on the side sort of tells you the year. I traveled with my parents for about 12 years in a '62 Suburban. It started out as a 283 and ended up with a bored Corvette 327. (Actully it was a 332 when I got done with it) All of the correct Corvette parts in and on the motor. I think somebody just bought it for the engine. Another one I should have held on to.
My parents last Suburban was a '93 with the 454 Tonawanda in it. After my father died, I was my task to drive my mother to the hills so she could shop. Ii hit the cruise control as I entered I70 and the darn thing chirped the tires as it shifted to second gear. Not too bad for a truck weighing close to 6,000 pounds

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Chilli where was this truck? I dont know how many of these are out there but I think that one is my brother inlaws?? Here is a picture of his prior to a re make and paint, after paint he changed the tires, removed the winch and bumper and painted the roof white..............this sure looks like it!
DSCF4072_zps5b3de704.jpg

I took that picture in Langley this summer. It sure looks like your truck. Nice ride!:wings:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
The emblem on the side sort of tells you the year. I traveled with my parents for about 12 years in a '62 Suburban. It started out as a 283 and ended up with a bored Corvette 327. (Actully it was a 332 when I got done with it) All of the correct Corvette parts in and on the motor. I think somebody just bought it for the engine. Another one I should have held on to.
My parents last Suburban was a '93 with the 454 Tonawanda in it. After my father died, I was my task to drive my mother to the hills so she could shop. Ii hit the cruise control as I entered I70 and the darn thing chirped the tires as it shifted to second gear. Not too bad for a truck weighing close to 6,000 pounds

We had a 74 `Burb´ with a 454 when I was a kid. That thing just screamed down the highway!:drool:

unkamonkey

Explorer
We had a 74 `Burb´ with a 454 when I was a kid. That thing just screamed down the highway!:drool:

One of the things I really miss about the '62 is that it was set up to carry 64 gallons of gas. Go camping for a weekend and not have to fill the thing for the rest of the month. I miss that motor as well. Dad had the '62, a '73. an '86 and the '93 burb. The last three all had a 454 in them. Autos with 4:10 gears in the axle. I wouldn't say any of them got good gas mileage. The '62 got around 17 mpg on a good day and the
'73 got around 9 mpg.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
One of the things I really miss about the '62 is that it was set up to carry 64 gallons of gas. Go camping for a weekend and not have to fill the thing for the rest of the month. I miss that motor as well. Dad had the '62, a '73. an '86 and the '93 burb. The last three all had a 454 in them. Autos with 4:10 gears in the axle. I wouldn't say any of them got good gas mileage. The '62 got around 17 mpg on a good day and the
'73 got around 9 mpg.

I am sure you guys had fun with those rigs. Got any pics? Post them here... Cheers, Chilli...:ylsmoke:

unkamonkey

Explorer
We seem to have some of the same tastes. If I wanted to dig around I might be able to find a few old pictures after a several hour long search involving a couple of buildings.
Um, Burbs and **********, enjoy. I considered throwing in beer but I can't do much of that anymore due to the Diabetes.

unkamonkey

Explorer
i don't think I have many fans down in a few threads as I tell them they are idiots and there is absoutly no reason to throw $60.000 in a vehicle and then sell it in 3 or 4 years to start over. Both of my Jeeps work well and some may think they should be parked out behind a barn.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
i don't think I have many fans down in a few threads as I tell them they are idiots and there is absoutly no reason to throw $60.000 in a vehicle and then sell it in 3 or 4 years to start over. Both of my Jeeps work well and some may think they should be parked out behind a barn.

I hear you brother. Whats your name Unka? You seem like a pretty cool dude...:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior