Tour de Canada part deux

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Here is a little more footage of a tasty gal....

(click image for video)

She is one sweet one she is......:drool:

thethePete

Explorer
Hey man, cool to see ya on expo. How about you post a couple pics here of you ride? Always cool to see what the local guys are driving and rockin. Cheers, Chilli..:wings:

Cheers, well after looking through my pictures, apparently I don't have as many of my truck on here as I thought.

She's nothing too special anway, 05 Ranger Edge 3.0L, 5-spd, Rigid Dually flood beams in the factory fog locations, leveled, 31x10.5x15 Avalanche Extreme tires (Best year round winter tire I've found). Uniden 510XL CB, soon to be replaced with a HAM set up. CB isn't practical in the mountains, I came from Ontario...

Gets me and the family out in to the bush and back without fail. Someting with 4 full doors is on the horizon though, the family is growing. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156273412280591&l=739d2ebbfe

Bout the only recent picture of it I have. That particular trip the box was a bit of a junk-show because we brought a bunch of extra stuff, like my snowboard. My only mission for my May 24 trip was to find a spot to snowboard, just because I could. We'd moved out from Ontario a few weeks previous.

ETA: ....After 20 minutes of fighting with the uploader on this crap I gave up. I've never fought this hard to post a picture on a forum. There's a link.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cheers, well after looking through my pictures, apparently I don't have as many of my truck on here as I thought.

She's nothing too special anway, 05 Ranger Edge 3.0L, 5-spd, Rigid Dually flood beams in the factory fog locations, leveled, 31x10.5x15 Avalanche Extreme tires (Best year round winter tire I've found). Uniden 510XL CB, soon to be replaced with a HAM set up. CB isn't practical in the mountains, I came from Ontario...

Gets me and the family out in to the bush and back without fail. Someting with 4 full doors is on the horizon though, the family is growing. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156273412280591&l=739d2ebbfe

Bout the only recent picture of it I have. That particular trip the box was a bit of a junk-show because we brought a bunch of extra stuff, like my snowboard. My only mission for my May 24 trip was to find a spot to snowboard, just because I could. We'd moved out from Ontario a few weeks previous.

ETA: ....After 20 minutes of fighting with the uploader on this crap I gave up. I've never fought this hard to post a picture on a forum. There's a link.

Hey there Pete, thanks for posting up the pic of your ride. I am sure you get lots of use out of your rig. I always use an external website like photobucket and then just copy paste the link to the pic. Makes the upload a lot easier. I hope to say hello next summer when I might be around your neck of the woods. Can I reccomend a Surburban if you need to upgrade to 4 doors? Good rigs and easy to build on. Also it will get rid og that fraud:Wow1: smell you probably have been contaminated with( oops me sorry, did i really say that!!!???) Keep in touch and lets hope ya have some great outdoor adventures. Cheers, Chilli...:bike_rider:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Here a little more info on the B17...

(click image for video)

no animals were harmed in the production of this footage....:ylsmoke:

thethePete

Explorer
Chilli, well, I'm a Ford mechanic, and at the end of the day they all break ;) I haven't completely ruled out a 'Burb/Yukon, or even an older Expedition, but realistically we'll probably settle into a 4dr Tacoma. It's been on my radar as something I've wanted to own for years now, and I'm not crazy about full sized rigs. If I go fullsize, I suspect I'll be in a F250 CC with a diesel.

Definitely gimme a shout when you're back in our lovely area and we'll find some places to explore.

ETA, I usually use photobucket too, but I didn't expect it to be such a fight to get it to display through a FB link, as it goes; I was trying to do it quickly, and it ended up taking longer than just doing it properly the first time...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Pete thanks for your reply. I am sure you love your rig and know every corner of it. In the end you just have to pick what you like and stick with it. I am sure we could enjoy a couple of suds...

As you can see in the pic...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles