Toyota Sienna lift

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah, really. Most around here are friggin rusted through. But I would love to have a camperized astro 4x4. I think that is cool a S&$T

MR. ED

Observer
I would love to lift my wife's Sienna. I've searched around a bit and haven't been able to find anything for up front. Does anyone know where I could look?
There is a possibility that it may soon be mine and it would look pretty sweet with a little lift and some AT tires.

cpsdds

I just lifted mine and got a factory look with beefier rubber and 2-3" of lift with 12" clearance under my rear hitch. Works great and looks awesome. Let me know if you want more info.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I just lifted mine and got a factory look with beefier rubber and 2-3" of lift with 12" clearance under my rear hitch. Works great and looks awesome. Let me know if you want more info.
I don't even own a Sienna and probably never will, but I still want to see what you've done. It'll be great if you've found a good way to make the Sienna into a credible overlander, since it has a huge number of positives about it.

Thanks in advance. :clapsmile

bjowett

Adventurer
I would also like to see the lift.

Producing longer struts for the suspension would not be terribly difficult. The rear shocks have have nearly a 10" stroke with pin and eye mounts... again, easy.

Maybe some of the very popularly sized 245/65r17 or 245/70R17 tires will fit?

cpsdds

I tried putting a link to photos but it won't let me. I've also posted some photos in the sienna chat forum.
You can see photos on Kijiji.Ca if you search in Alberta sienna lift you'll find my post. It does make the ride a bit stiffer but not enough to be annoying. Haven't done any crazy offroading but it will climb a parking block pretty easy.

cpsdds

I fit as big as 245-60/r18 without a lift. Right now I have fitted 255-55/r18 without any rubbing. I would like to find a space saver spare to put in our roof top cage rack. I also considered some method rally rims. But wanted to keep things looking like it could've come from the factory.

MR. ED

Observer
Oh boy!! Hey cpsdds where do you live? I'm very interested in the details of the lift. Let me know either on here or send me a PM. That's a great looking van. Nice work.

bjowett

Adventurer
The Venza and RX350 use the same U660F transaxle, but have a 4.40 gear ratio in place of the 4.15 that AWD Sienna utilizes. The RX also offers an external oil to air transmission cooler... a nice big unit would be cheap insurance and keep things cool when working that torque converter during low speed situations.

Whaler

Adventurer
I'm very curious as my wife and I just had identical twin boys and the minivan now holds a previously non-existent allure... I was hopeful for an North American Metris awd version but no luck so far.

I can't get the kijiji.ca link to work. Is there another place I can see the work you did cpsdds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste