Toyota tundra tire

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Hi guys I wanted to get everyone's opinion on a couple tire for my tundra . I have cooper at3 on my truck I bought about 6 months ago and wanted to see if I should put same one on my truck or try Mastercraft axt or hxt or Michelin Ltx ms2 or Michelin Ltx at2 or last Yokohama geo lander ats . Now I'm not really off-roader I drive more on highways . I'm getting new tires because the old are almost done and I tow a trailer for work and slide on camper in summer if you have any input on any that would be great on good or bad thanks .

character zero

dangerfoot
AT3 are arguably one of the best AT tires out there (consumer reports, various extended reviews etc).
Mastercraft tires aren't found everywhere, they seem to be more of an east-coast brand from my experience.
Michelin LTX are pretty proven but recently displaced by the AT3 on consumer reports.

With the added load, you might want a more beefy sidewall and with the mainly road use, something less AT and more highway-specific seems up your alley. You might not find much info on the best highway tires on this forum though!

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Character zero , thanks for info. I put it here because of tundra plus a lot of people use both on and offroad tires so I wanted to see what people think. Thx again

amo292

Adventurer
IMG_4938.jpg I have the Cooper ST Maxx on my tundra and I have had no issues what so ever. They are more on the aggressive side though. I haven't used the geolanders on my truck yet but they have held up superbly on my work trucks and are probably what I will use next. Both tires have very ridged sidewalls for the extra load. Definitely go with the load range E with whatever you chose.

utroda

Observer
BFG K/O AT, run them on all of my rigs and love them. Great in snow, and good in mud if you can keep them cleaned out.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Have you considered Nittos?

I'm on my 2nd set of Nitto Terra Grapplers. They have been excellent. With the last set, I got over 60,000 miles on them with my heavy rig. I would highly recommend them to anyone...
.​
.​
Regards,
.​
BWJ

cthonia

ive had good success with nitto terra grapplers, if you want a good tire that's more highway focused, the nitto dura grappler might work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior