Toyota Van, I need advice quick!

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I think my point is that a motor with over 200k on it may indeed be prone to overheating although ours never even got hot. Any motor with high mileage should have vital components replaced or thoroughly tested, although at that mileage we usually just drive them till they stop working, don't we.

I believe you on the links and I'll do some reading about it sometime. It will be fun to read about those vans, as many fond memories are tied to the trips we took in ours.

The addition of an external oil cooler would be an awesome idea, even if the motor has never run hot. I always have run an external oil cooler on air cooled VW's and have never had a motor run hot. We also used one on my buddies Scirroco (spelling:D).

Bella PSD

Explorer
I had a 88 Toyota van and sold it with 169,000 miles. At that time nothing went out on the van...nothing. It did get hot somtimes and would get hard to restart but it always did. One of the best auto's I ever had!

Louie

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
84 Van

I have an '84 Toyota Van, the very first model, all original parts except the battery, starter, alternator, catalytic converter and muffler. Still runs strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles