Trail Pig 2018 PW Build

UglyViking

@BigBrokenZJ I've got a question for you. Your RSI cap seems to fit perfect where as a lot of the others look like they are a hair shorter and taper in more at the top. Did you order for a different model truck or what?

BigBrokenZJ

@BigBrokenZJ I've got a question for you. Your RSI cap seems to fit perfect where as a lot of the others look like they are a hair shorter and taper in more at the top. Did you order for a different model truck or what?

I ordered the EC1002-WH. It says for 2009+ Ram trucks. Maybe it’s just the angle?

It definitely tapers with the bed (more barrow at the tailgate than front).

BigBrokenZJ

Finished up the booty fab slide.

Trip this weekend to try it all out.

8b4bbdb83a181364538b845104fd49fa.jpg

c2858fd195c385a5918d4857acb35c69.jpg

Also discovered a decent amount of slop in my front track bar, which is probably not helping my sway issue. Thuren bar in route.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I’ve run it in multiple trucks including my current one, good stuff. Do the steering box brace as well if you haven’t already and a quality steering stabilizer, huge fan of the Fox ATS 2.0.

BigBrokenZJ

Spent two nights out and about. Typical forest roads that attempt to rattle your teeth out. Wagon did fine. Track bar seems to have settled the highway sway down, but we also weren’t packed for a full week.

My strip lights I put in the bins and on the hatch of the Smartcap are fantastic and good lighting makes life nice.

The first night we battled wind, and even with lines pot the gazelle wanted to up pop on the wind side. Second night was nice and calm until the morning.

IMG_6395.jpg
IMG_6405.jpg
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6411.jpg

UglyViking

Doesn't look like you aired down at all, any reason why not?

I'm digging the tent setup, looks like you've got plenty of room in there.

BigBrokenZJ

Good eye..

It’s just a lazy thing. I always say I’ll do it at the next pull out. Then we end up at camp..

Tent is super roomy, and being able to fully stand up in it is great … but also bulky when packed up

UglyViking

Haha, I say the same thing every time. Eh, I'm only on a short bumpy stretch, and 2 hours later I think, man I should have aired down, but I'm only another hour on these roads. Once Nitro gets new gearing out for these trucks, and I get some ARB lockers, my plan is to plumb a sensor so I can air down by just running around and connecting the valves to pre-plumbed areas in the wheelwell. I really need to decide if I'm gonna jump up to 40s or stick at 37-38s as it's gonna change the gearing needs. Always another toy to add :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94