TRAIL RUN: TBA...Date 4/15 (TAX DAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Plans are set. Becky and I will be staying in Sedona for a few days and on Saturday, the 15th we'll lead a TRIO of runs around Sedona in the 100-series.

Trip 1: Broken Arrow (2.5 rated, little brush, very scenic)
Trip 2: Pipeline/Greasy Spoon (3.0 rated, no brush, extremely scenic)
Trip 3: Soldier's Pass and Seven Sacred Pools (2.5+ rated, no brush, short but cool trail)

Time permitting, people returning to Phoenix can opt in or out for Trip 3. It's their option to opt out of course as the day can stretch out too long.

This trip has been posted on the Copper State Cruiser and Expedition Portal forums. The AzLCA decided to make this trip their "April Run". I'd expect Cruisers and other Toyota rigs on the run so we should have a super group of folks!

MEETING PLACE: Village of Oak Creek Chevron (about 6 miles south of Sedona on the west side of AZ179).

MEETING TIME: 9:00 with a 9:30 pullout. We'll being going immediately to the Coconino Natl Forest center just south of Chevron for our $5 passes. If you're a few minutes late you can see us there. Our next stop will be along Morgan Road where we'll air down by the trailhead.

DIFFICULTY: Shown above...any stock 4-wheel drive Toyota should be OK (with 2-spd T-case) on these trails though modified rigs will be able to take some optional lines for added challenge.

CB RADIO: Channel 7

CONTACT PHONE: 520-975-1723

April is the perfect season in Sedona. Come on out and enjoy the day!

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Mr. Shotts!

I would love to join you if my truck makes it out of the sucky engine rebuilder shop in time!:(

I've enjoyed your write ups ...pics and stories!

You mentioned "Smiley Rock". Then I remembered I had this pic from a trip last summer.

Can anyone see something in this pic?

I'm witholding the location.....because I would like to contact the state tourist board where I took it......and see if they are interested in knowing where it is and paying me for my pic!

Is this being too bold?:D

Aloha! ..........Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Mr. Shotts!

I would love to join you if my truck makes it out of the sucky engine rebuilder shop in time!:(

I've enjoyed your write ups ...pics and stories!

You mentioned "Smiley Rock". Then I remembered I had this pic from a trip last summer.

Can anyone see something in this pic?

I'm witholding the location.....because I would like to contact the state tourist board where I took it......and see if they are interested in knowing where it is and paying me for my pic!

Is this being too bold?:D

Aloha! ..........Mark

Thanks VERY much Mark. I'd luv to have you along!

I'm stumped on the pic? I even blew it up some. I see a truck in the lower right corner?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Look close.....straight ahead of you in the rock "face" ......

Show the pic to your wife and others......someone is bound to see it!

.......hehe:ylsmoke:

Aloha! ..........Mark

(edited to make it harder to see!.....since you "got it" now!)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

ShottsCruisers said:
Got Got! Sweet! Amazing!

Kewl!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got it!

I never even saw it (I did kind of see it when I got to Minn. on the TV when viewing my trip video's) until I got home and put my pics on the puter!.....the hair on my arms stood up!

I even went back there a 2nd time on the way back......from Minn. this summer.....took more pics.......and could not even see it in person....even though I knew it was there!

whatsupwitdat>?!

.....this was taken with my sons new "Canon ZR 200" video camera........on Video..........then digital stills where made of the exact shot I wanted.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
ShottsCruisers said:
When we finalize our trip I'll re-post with details. Meanwhile I thought that interested parties might want to mark their calendars so they can get out of town.

More than likely the trail run will be one or two of the following:

Smiley Rock
Broken Arrow
Greasy Spoon/Pipeline
Soldier's Pass
Oak Creek Homestead (nicer NW entry)
Other possibilities exist too......in and around the Mogollon Rim area (though less likely)

We should have a nice group as I'll be posting this to both the Copper State Cruisers and Expediton Portal forums. Loads of nice people on these forums.

Stay tuned!

I might be able to attend this one... depends on my work schedule. We'll figure it out soon!

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Shotts,

I got excited, then realized it was Easter weekend. We will be at my parents house instead.

I will be coming out to Tuscon area very soon however, within the next few months for sure. I want to see your trucks up close if you aren't too busy:wavey: I also need to get that front end part out of your garage if you are still holding it.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
calamaridog said:
Shotts,

I got excited, then realized it was Easter weekend. We will be at my parents house instead.

I will be coming out to Tuscon area very soon however, within the next few months for sure. I want to see your trucks up close if you aren't too busy:wavey: I also need to get that front end part out of your garage if you are still holding it.

Holding it for you. And dang...too bad you're not coming. It looks like it might be a 100 trip instead of the Lexus. Could have been 2 mod'd 100's out there. Not sure yet though. Will finalize tomorrow.

articulate

Expedition Leader
:campfire:
Cool. I'm going to keep my ear to the track on this thread...I'd love to join, meet some cool people. The specific trail will determine the vehicle I take. What's this NW entrance to Oak Creek Homestead?

Rock-n-roll.

Mark

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
flyingwil said:
I might be able to attend this one... depends on my work schedule. We'll figure it out soon!

Sorry Man, gotta work... maybe another time... It was a blast wheeling with you at AZROCKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior