Trail use conflicts: the solution is real simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
A wise man once said to me "The plural of anecdote is not data."

Another wise man said, "lies, damned lies, and statistics". Data can be, and often is messaged.

My own anecdotal recollection of how many ************** I've encountered in my life carries infinitely greater weight than your data about how many ************** I've encountered in my life...since your data doesn't exist.

Contrecoup

Another wise man said, "lies, damned lies, and statistics". Data can be, and often is messaged.

My own anecdotal recollection of how many ************** I've encountered in my life carries infinitely greater weight than your data about how many ************** I've encountered in my life...since your data doesn't exist.
You are entitled to believe whatever validates your opinions.

MOAK

Adventurer
Data is the new cop out..we need data..how much data has been compiled on who trashes public land, national parks? How was the data gathered? Who handles the data and who paid them to do so?

Data is the tarrot card of the 21st century. Millennials accept any thing labeled data as biblical. I see data as a tool to manipulate the masses, it works. We have the Climate Data at the top of the list. We have 150 years of temperature data..and we base global warming on it..but wait we're missing about 4 billion years of data.. weather has happened since the birth of the planet..see anything wrong with this picture..
Ahhhh, I don’t know where to begin—— temperature data goes back a lot further than 150 years.. Do you wear a seatbelt, do you smoke 2 packs of cigs a day? Ooops I’m wasting my time with all of this aren’t I? Do you understand the definition of data? Or how it is collected? Are dinosaur fossils planted by God to test our faith? Is the earth flat? No one accepts data as being biblical, no one —- data is simply information collected over time that is used to separate fact from opinion. Oh, some pretty good data exists that a lot of kids have died riding in the back of open pick up trucks.. I’ve only known one family that that happened to, so even though it’s illegal my well formulated opinion tells me it’s ok to put my kids in the back of an open pick up and drive off. Screw data, screw the law, I’m gonna take the risk.. DATA, contrary to your opinion, is not a cop out. It is a tool, utilized by societies to better govern and care for themselves... hmmmm. Ya got me started and I’m still being kind..

Mike W.

Ahhhh, I don’t know where to begin—— temperature data goes back a lot further than 150 years.. Do you wear a seatbelt, do you smoke 2 packs of cigs a day? Ooops I’m wasting my time with all of this aren’t I? Do you understand the definition of data? Or how it is collected? Are dinosaur fossils planted by God to test our faith? Is the earth flat? No one accepts data as being biblical, no one —- data is simply information collected over time that is used to separate fact from opinion. Oh, some pretty good data exists that a lot of kids have died riding in the back of open pick up trucks.. I’ve only known one family that that happened to, so even though it’s illegal my well formulated opinion tells me it’s ok to put my kids in the back of an open pick up and drive off. Screw data, screw the law, I’m gonna take the risk.. DATA, contrary to your opinion, is not a cop out. It is a tool, utilized by societies to better govern and care for themselves... hmmmm. Ya got me started and I’m still being kind..
If you have something to say speak up. Data has one major flaw.. Interpretation..the human element is where we consistently see the major flaws..Weather Data going back how long? Data not scientist's make assumptions..

Reactions: GHI

GHI

Adventurer
If you have something to say speak up. Data has one major flaw.. Interpretation..the human element is where we consistently see the major flaws..Weather Data going back how long? Data not scientist's make assumptions..
So glad there was a bit of rebuttal here. Data can always be skewed in whomever’s favor.

shade

I’m wasting my time with all of this aren’t I?
Yep.

As soon as someone discounts science and data that doesn't support their beliefs because it doesn't support their beliefs, there's little reason to continue.

billiebob

Unfortunately half the responses are the problem.
Leave No Trace seems a step up from Tread Lightly.
But ultimately, if you feel the other guy is at fault and you confront him aggressively. you are the problem.
Look inward for a solution. Not outward for blame. We seem to have replaced diplomacy, understanding, empathy with peer pressure, blame, narcissism.

billiebob

well said !

billiebob

We really have weather data going back millions of year, how else do you think we know about the ice age or age of the dinosaur. The data at the bottom of high alpine lakes is very definitive. But you'd have to go beyond the sound bites on social media to learn about that data.

wow has this thread ever been hijacked :ROFLMAO:

billiebob

"The truth is the mother earthers are the worst at caring for the land they claim to love...Just like the loudest voices on Climate Change never practice what they preach."
I'll look for a few pics to prove this one wrong.

I don't think any mother earthers were involved here.

836a21b9ffc8d1897b618c302aa75fd4.jpg

Without a doubt, war is the biggest contributor to climate change.

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Data has one major flaw.. Interpretation..the human element is where we consistently see the major flaws...

wow has this thread ever been hijacked :ROFLMAO:

The one major flaw with interpretation of (trail use conflict) data is thinking that people who don’t understand the ( trail use conflict) data can accurately interpret the (trail use conflict) data...

There, that was easy and we’re happily back on thread now ?

Last edited:

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
So litter contributes to global climate change.

Learn sumpin every day!

Litter must contribute to or be the cause of Global Climate change.

We will break the all time record this weekend here in Nashville for largest number of days above 90 degrees in one year. At the core of this record is LITTER!

It's got to be the LITTER that's causing Global Warming in TN as that's been a "HOT" topic in TN since the mid 1970's!

So much so the State of Tennessee re-filmed their Clio Award winning Global Warning PSA commercial that was first shown in 1976 when LITTER forever became known as the cause of Global Warming and Climate Change.

Now ya know.

It's all that LITTER that's causing this whole Global Warming issue!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94