Trail use conflicts: the solution is real simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
darned spell check eh ....

Never touch the stuff.

Chalk it up to habit...too many years spent setting up email systems. Or, old age. Or, general lack of interest in this old rehashed goes nowhere topic of so-called conversation.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie

shade

Nah, not litter. Ozone. Or lack thereof. Trumps CO2 and litter combined.

"Without the pact, the U.S. would have seen an additional 280 million cases of skin cancer, 1.5 million skin cancer deaths, and 45 million cataracts—and the world would be at least 25 percent hotter."

"A study in early 2018 found that ozone in the lower stratosphere unexpectedly and inexplicably has dropped since 1998 "

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/ozone-depletion/
That looks suspiciously like data & sciency stuff. Until I see ozone depletion with my own eyes, I don't believe it.

Did I do that right?

F350joe

That looks suspiciously like data & sciency stuff. Until I see ozone depletion with my own eyes, I don't believe it.

Did I do that right?

Close, use your nose instead and take a trip to the Oooooh-zone.

“Oh, ozone
Before the rain begins, one of the first odors you may notice as winds pick up and clouds roll in is a sweet, pungent zing in your nostrils. That's the sharp, fresh aroma of ozone—a form of oxygen whose name comes from the Greek word ozein (to smell). Tropospheric chemist Louisa Emmons at the National Center for Atmospheric Research explains that ozone emanates from fertilizers and pollutants as well as natural sources. An electrical charge—from lightning or a man-made source such as an electrical generator—splits atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen molecules into separate atoms. Some of these recombine into nitric oxide, and this in turn reacts with other atmospheric chemicals, occasionally producing a molecule made up of three oxygen atoms—ozone, or O3. (Most atmospheric oxygen is made up of two atoms—O2.) The scent of ozone heralds stormy weather because a thunderstorm's downdrafts carry O3 from higher altitudes to nose level.” https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/storm-scents-smell-rain/

shade

Close, use your nose instead and take a trip to the Oooooh-zone.

“Oh, ozone
Before the rain begins, one of the first odors you may notice as winds pick up and clouds roll in is a sweet, pungent zing in your nostrils. That's the sharp, fresh aroma of ozone—a form of oxygen whose name comes from the Greek word ozein (to smell). Tropospheric chemist Louisa Emmons at the National Center for Atmospheric Research explains that ozone emanates from fertilizers and pollutants as well as natural sources. An electrical charge—from lightning or a man-made source such as an electrical generator—splits atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen molecules into separate atoms. Some of these recombine into nitric oxide, and this in turn reacts with other atmospheric chemicals, occasionally producing a molecule made up of three oxygen atoms—ozone, or O3. (Most atmospheric oxygen is made up of two atoms—O2.) The scent of ozone heralds stormy weather because a thunderstorm's downdrafts carry O3 from higher altitudes to nose level.” https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/storm-scents-smell-rain/
Scientific American - Now there's an oxymoron. Don't believe a commie rag like that. If I can't see three oxygen atoms having a group hug, it isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles