Trailer door locks

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
yep primed prior to fitting panels in place.

Purchased a 6 switch led panel today for the electrics.......open the rear door and then open the rest using switches......

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I have this vision of all the doors popping open almost as if by magic and presto! sort of a "self inflating" camp!

Can't say I like shiny diamond plate all that much, but with the stated intent to paint it and the exposed framework I'm liking what I think the final look will be.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
UK4X4 said:
yep primed prior to fitting panels in place.

Purchased a 6 switch led panel today for the electrics.......open the rear door and then open the rest using switches......

I was wondering how you were going to do that. I love it! :victory:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
A four channel remote is still on the maybe list...for that "instacamp' moment......Its only about $ 40.........

the rear door will open two ways, electric key switch, and a second key /camlock for no power moments.

With tubular keys

I'm thinking of mounting the batteries behind the wheel arches on both sides of the rear of the trailer.

Weight being equalised by the water tank and fridge in front of the wheel, and also the gas/aux water tanks in the front V of the trailer.

Otherwise it will be wasted space, and gives you access to the power system
through the only manual door.

Now looking into door supports....as gas ones are $ 30 each.....with three drop down doors thats $ 180.......which I could spend on something more interesting than that.

Like a solar panel

Or $ 8 of wire rope.....or $ 3 of rope........

Still need to finish the suspension etc too.......the list of jobs does'nt get shorter....

I've decided to get it up and running and usable first rather than mess with the 'extras"

Rezarf <><

Explorer
UK4X4 said:
the list of jobs does'nt get shorter....

I've decided to get it up and running and usable first rather than mess with the 'extras"

You can say that again, that is my theory now too. I could spend a decade trying to get everything just right, but like all my vehicles, I know I will mod this as I go.

Shooting for fully functional by April 1.

michaelclark

A high-quality trailer door lock will consist of solid and reliable materials, such as stainless steel. Thieves aren’t going to have much luck stealing your trailer’s cargo with these locks protecting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles