Trailer harness problems

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I have a 4Runner and an having more than my fair share of truble with the seven blade harnesses that come stock with the truck. Because of the connector getting wet or corroding, I have intermittent connection. Yes, I've already replaced both sides in the four years I've been towing trailers. Any tips on cleaning or connecting so it is dependable?
I have found this harness online and was wondering if anyone has tried it out http://www.ezconnector.com it is magnetic, watertight, expensive and some say they like it.

Help please!

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
Biggest problem I see would be the inability to hook up to a standard 7 blade connector. I just keep the plugs coated in die electric grease, never have a problem!

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Thank you for the input. I was at my wits end trying to remedy this. I'll get the setup for the J560 and next time it causes me trouble, I'll switch it out. I could try the ezconnecter when I get rich.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
I cut off a male end and chopped it off so that it fits inside with the cover closed. It helps keep stuff out before it even gets in. I need to put in some dielectric grease, but I have a tube somewhere and can't find it, so I keep forgetting to pick up a new tube

T1ppG3b.jpg

ZS4I8c6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94