Trailer wanted - overland camping and hunting setup

I’m looking for a trailer for sale here on the East Coast, preferably not too far from Virginia. I am spending more time backwoods hunting and fishing, and want to locate a setup I can tow behind my Tacoma (M416 size, probably). Ideally it would be capable of loading my Polaris ATV (deck 4.5’ wide by 6’ long). If anyone has a smaller military generator trailer, like an M762, that I could build out, that might work too. Hit me up and let me know what you have. Thanks,

-Pete

Last edited:

AML

Adventurer
I am toying with the idea of selling mine. M101 CDN. I still have the original wheels. I am in Virginia where it is registered and it has a title. I tried to attach a photo but this site is giving me issues today.

OK - 2 possible nibbles so far, but it’s gonna take a bunch of leads (I think) to find one... so I’m still looking for input. There have to be more than 2 people in VA, WV, MD, NC, PA, DE with a trailer for sale!?!! I am willing to drive (within reason) for the right beast.

XJINTX

Explorer
Can't haul my ATV but gets what I need to the campsite :) It's a Trekamate trailer made here in TX. I was going for an Aluminus type bumper but got trailer for same price ;) They will make or modify to your needs. Contact Dwight at buytrekmate.com

Attachments

• trekmate.jpg
    trekmate.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 218
Can't haul my ATV but gets what I need to the campsite :) It's a Trekamate trailer made here in TX. I was going for an Aluminus type bumper but got trailer for same price ;) They will make or modify to your needs. Contact Dwight at buytrekmate.com

Looks like Trekmate’s website is gone... ?

XJINTX

Explorer
Contacted Dwight... they are revamping the site and possibly the site address? He is on Facebook if you are? Just an FYI that on my setup I have a compartment that can sit up front where I have boxes in pic... it has my refrigerator , battery and solar on it. Use it when I tent camp and or base camp.

Attachments

• refrige.jpg
    refrige.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
It's not on the east coast but you could have it shipped relatively cheap via uship.com

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...trailer-ca-registered-and-titled-4000.205081/

How wide is your Polaris?

This is VERY close to what I was looking for. My Polaris is 49”-50” wide (Sportsman 800). What’s the width on the deck? Also, how much do you think shipping would be to get it from CA to VA? I’m thinking it would not be insignificant... but maybe I’m wrong?!

blackohio

Observer
This is VERY close to what I was looking for. My Polaris is 49”-50” wide (Sportsman 800). What’s the width on the deck? Also, how much do you think shipping would be to get it from CA to VA? I’m thinking it would not be insignificant... but maybe I’m wrong?!
i’ll take measurements tomorrow.

i got quotes from uship.com to ship a 77 rabbit from basically canada to long beach and they ranged from 745 -900

Still trolling for leads here in the Eastern 1/3 of the country. What you guys got out there that I can buy and build out to my specs? I have a kid in college right now, so I can’t afford to buy the Cadillac yet, but can start with something solid and build it out over the next few years. Hit me with some fresh leads and ideas. Thanks!

US CAV SCOUT

Have an M101A1 decked out for glamping, battery set up and kitchen. Live in VA. Back in town Monday can tell u more then, currently in TN at great Smokey mtn trail ride.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles