Trailscape's 06 Tundra

tennesseewj

Observer
Man I really like the rubber wheels on that jack. I'm curious to know how they perform for you. My garage floor is reasonably flat and clean-ish, but rolling a floor jack around seems like it highlights every possible bump or imperfection.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Man I really like the rubber wheels on that jack. I'm curious to know how they perform for you. My garage floor is reasonably flat and clean-ish, but rolling a floor jack around seems like it highlights every possible bump or imperfection.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The wheels are all composite, no rubber. Probably the only downside is the lack of rear swiveling wheels makes it a little more work to rotate it. It's light enough to pick up the handle and turn it or slide it around though.

I have enough floor defects in the garage already, but also extension cords and the occasional garden hose. No problems at all with this jack.

trailscape

Explorer
Finally got around to pulling the radiator. Old on left, new on right. One of these is not like the other.

Somewhere along the line a double cab radiator was put in my access cab.

7DCE9430-C0A2-409E-A2BA-9FFD47748C65.jpeg

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
How's it ride with the Archive Shackleton's? How much extra weight do you have on the rear end?

Mine are inbound right now from Eric, along with the hammer hangers. Looking forward to it! Let me know how the install goes, any tips and tricks?

Kpack

Adventurer
How's it ride with the Archive Shackleton's? How much extra weight do you have on the rear end?

Mine are inbound right now from Eric, along with the hammer hangers. Looking forward to it! Let me know how the install goes, any tips and tricks?
I'm also curious about the Shackleton's and how they ride.

And I didn't know they were doing hammer hangers now either. Those look very intriguing. I wonder if it would help with the aftershock "jitters" my truck has after some bumps. Curious to see how they work out for you.

trailscape

Explorer
I haven’t been able to put any real miles on the new leaf springs yet, but I can say they so far do what they promise.

I removed my air bags and 1.5” blocks in the process. Ride height still increased by an inch, so I’m seeing 2.5” over all. Ride is much improved. It soaks up the pot holes a lot better and feels way more planted to the ground. I had what felt like wheel hop every time I hit a pot hole before. I keep a lot of crap in the truck, but not everything that's carried with me on a trip. Fridge and battery are always in the back, but I’m also betting my shell has grown pretty hefty in weight.

If I sit in the bed it drops roughly 3/4". I was about 180 last I checked, but no bets there.

trailscape

Explorer
Started working on another grill.. I was bored and had my original one laying about. Going with a different mesh and emblem this time.

903C98B9-FFE9-4C15-8317-88F21C4155B4.jpeg

5F94F39D-A821-493F-97BD-5FEF863B42C0.jpeg

smokeysevin

Observer
The springs looks nice, I have been super happy with my g57s but they have always been on the softer side, these look to be a good compromise. The g57s appear to have a much more progressive rate but they start out really soft. Starting from the bottom most leaf, the springs get progressively longer while these are all about the same length. The g57s also don't have an overload leaf on the bottom. I would be interested in a direct comparison between them.

Any spoilers on what the new grill will look like?

Sean

trailscape

Explorer
The springs looks nice, I have been super happy with my g57s but they have always been on the softer side, these look to be a good compromise. The g57s appear to have a much more progressive rate but they start out really soft. Starting from the bottom most leaf, the springs get progressively longer while these are all about the same length. The g57s also don't have an overload leaf on the bottom. I would be interested in a direct comparison between them.

Any spoilers on what the new grill will look like?

Sean

I looked at the G57 a long time ago, but I asked Deaver and they didn't recommend it for carrying weight in the back. I think they are meant more as a stock ride improvement.

I'll try and get a picture of the grill I have in mind. I put it aside at the moment to work on some interior mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles