Trailscape's 06 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
Anyone local to the Denver area? I have a Frontrunner Footwell tank brand new in the box. Got it for a friend, but it didn't get used.

Really just looking for a local pickup. Moving and trying to clear things out fast.

$100 if you grab it quick. Text me if you like, 719-357-7162
-Mike

trailscape

Explorer
Haven’t had much chance to diagnose anything more on the truck. Currently knee deep in the moving process.

ABS light started coming on randomly. Truck won’t start unless I have the ac/ fan turned off. Doesn’t seem to be a battery issue, the ignition seems completely cut off and won’t even attempt to start.

trailscape

Explorer
Damn, I haven't been here in a hot minute.

Mostly finished relocating to Alabama.. It's been interesting. Hoping to actually move into the house next week.

Decided some painting and remodeling was necessary as our first step into the house was near vomit inducing.

I'll have a nice separate workshop to screw around with. Also lots of garage space.

Picked up an 06 Toyota Solara to run around in. It needs a fair bit of work, but saves from further dealing with the current crazy car market.

trailscape

Explorer
Lots of rain in Alabama.. Lots of water in the truck.

So, I opened the passenger door yesterday and probably a half gallon of water poured out. Glad I got those weathertech floor mats now.

Looks like it's leaking in through the cowl and down behind the glove box. Also in the rear corners. Smells like wet carpet every time I get in.

Kpack

Adventurer
Lots of rain in Alabama.. Lots of water in the truck.

So, I opened the passenger door yesterday and probably a half gallon of water poured out. Glad I got those weathertech floor mats now.

Looks like it's leaking in through the cowl and down behind the glove box. Also in the rear corners. Smells like wet carpet every time I get in.
Ugh, sorry man. That's a mess. Coming in through holes for mods? Can't imagine where else it could be coming from.

smokeysevin

Observer
The rear corners is probably from the rear window drain being plugged, mine does the same thing but I have been too lazy to clean it out.

Sean

trailscape

Explorer
Ugh, sorry man. That's a mess. Coming in through holes for mods? Can't imagine where else it could be coming from.

In the front I'm not sure where yet. I recall reading about there being some spots inside the cowl that can leak, but I need to go back and search for those.

trailscape

Explorer
The rear corners is probably from the rear window drain being plugged, mine does the same thing but I have been too lazy to clean it out.

Sean

Yeah, I think that's the likely culprit. I need to pull the camper off the back to get a good look at everything. Also need to reseal the camper.

trailscape

Explorer
There's a basketball net in the driveway that I was going to tear down, but they actually filled the big square post with concrete.

Soo.. I got to thinking it might be great for say lifting a camper off a truck..

I went and drilled some holes in it and bolted up a couple pulleys and a hand winch. This might be a really great idea or one of things I look back on with wonder.

trailscape

Explorer
Well, this was a fun afternoon adventure. I need to built some kind of rig to make this process a bit easier.

That camper shell has gained some substantial weight from an aluminum shell six years ago..

IMG_1887(Edited).jpg

The hoist didn't fail me.

IMG_1889(Edited).jpg

First time with an open bed since I started this thread in 2015.

Still trying to find a replacement tailgate.

IMG_1888(Edited).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1887(Edited).jpg
    IMG_1887(Edited).jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 19

Kpack

Adventurer
Still trying to find a replacement tailgate.

Just go bed-less. Then you wouldn't have to find a tailgate, lol.

y4mP7AFXGekBGmdVHLhZCLYywPacKCGcfV40nO6ajYUtwyf9yrjoeiieiMv5MxMXYM15P1qPfnzM4F91EPb1UvIZnNHE5tWFgRhSPD4Be1shePriGwL5xT2yMoyThJAflouZLtq9ciQRvCXWSPBgEecvqE00jF6mDZ5RT3JonzozAXSs7Wc5EWPTeKPPvhCtkFM

trailscape

Explorer
Any word on someone that makes accessories for 1st gen tundra beds? Looking at ways to secure gear in the bed.

I figure I'll probably have to modify something from another vehicle, but thought I'd ask.

smokeysevin

Observer
Any word on someone that makes accessories for 1st gen tundra beds? Looking at ways to secure gear in the bed.

I figure I'll probably have to modify something from another vehicle, but thought I'd ask.
I really like the airline track I am using from US cargo control iirc.

Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles