Transform from camper to work van interior ideas?

Justgosurfin

Scotty thanks for the info! Spent way too much time reading your SMB threads this weekend but know have tons of ideas. Thanks!

How did you attach the transit cabinets to the van?

86scotty

Cynic
The Transit has threaded holes all throughout the body for curtain airbags, rear AC mount points, tie down hooks. I used pretty much every mount available and also have lots of metal screws and brackets through the inner walls. Also, big L brackets through the floor at the base of the cabinets I learned from rebuilding Sportsmobile interiors years ago. Some don't like Sportsmobile's cabinet construction but the one thing about them is they are quiet. NO rattles or squeaks. The first van I built for myself had about 100 squeaks and rattles. I chased them down for years. You have to pay close attention to tolerances up against walls and such.

Justgosurfin

The Transit has threaded holes all throughout the body for curtain airbags, rear AC mount points, tie down hooks. I used pretty much every mount available and also have lots of metal screws and brackets through the inner walls. Also, big L brackets through the floor at the base of the cabinets I learned from rebuilding Sportsmobile interiors years ago. Some don't like Sportsmobile's cabinet construction but the one thing about them is they are quiet. NO rattles or squeaks. The first van I built for myself had about 100 squeaks and rattles. I chased them down for years. You have to pay close attention to tolerances up against walls and such.
That’s some sound advice!

But really I know what you mean I’ll definitely take that into consideration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles