traveling the tanami track

Brenie

I wish I had my truck (FTS750) set up when my three girls were young, looks like a great way to travel, may I ask where you got your super singles from and are you happy with your tyre choice after the trip?

sloth142

Observer
super singles are from all terrain warrior, there 385/65 22.5R, in this size theres not a lot of options for choice, if i go the next size up mitchellin offer a more aggressive tread pattern but not sure if they'll scrub out or not, so far I'm pretty happy with what i have but would prefer a more aggressive tread pattern.

sloth142

Observer
currently i have the continental hsc1's i picked up for $830each, i haven't priced the michelins but may look into them when these ones wear out. haven't got another another adventure planned as yet, I'm aiming to have the rear fully enclosed before any other big trips, will post when that is done.

sloth142

Observer
yea they enjoyed it until i got to the 200k mark from alice, the lil one got sick and was spewing every where, then the middle one got crook and then the older one so they stayed at my mates place with his misses and mine and his crook kid and we went and camped track side watching the fine desert race, hahaha then the day before we left my misses got crook, other then being disappointed that they didn't get to watch the racing and camp track side i think they enjoyed it. we'll i did anyway hahaha

Fugly

Adventurer
sloth142,
The damage you show in the photos of the spring hangers/chassis broken ...
Is typical of all the trailer damage that I have seen on the Tannami Track....
Very similar to damage suffered by trailers on The Gibb/Kalumburu Roads....

Kids would have had a ball apart from getting crook....

I like the look of your truck just needs some more aggressive lookin tyres... yes they are bloody expensive ...

Cheers Fugly

sloth142

Observer
well the time has come again to plan and re-do my trip to alice springs to watch the finke desert race, ive been very lazy since the last time and havnt done a thing to the truck but I did upgrade the trailer. hopefully this time ill conqour the tanami with 0 damage. and with a bit of luck the family wont get sick this time round. will update with pics as we go. for now heres a pic of the trailer, ill be taking the prado with me this time so we have something to drive around town when we stop. im currently modifying to the trailer so shes good for 4.5T. to do this all the bits are bolt on and the only fabrication needed is a strong back on the A frame.

sloth142

Observer
it worked, I think the pic was to big before that's why it didn't download,well this is the updated trailer.

Spanna 53

Hi all am at Bungle Bungle camp ground having got off theTanimi this morning Wolf Creek Crater last night and Floodout Creek the night before Graders working between Floodout and Rehanons Bore .track Ok from there to the boarder .One grader on the WA side .Diesel $2.60 at Billiluna , Commodore bonnets make for great signs PS the showers in the camp aren't bad either

sloth142

Observer
i got off the tanami on the 3rd, road was pretty good, was doing 80 all the way, defiantly looked rougher heading to W.A, in alice now getting last lot of bits n pieces before heading out to set up camp to watch the racing.new trailer survived allot better this time, only damage is some cracks in the wheel guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste

Members online