TrekboxX Drawer System for 80 series - finally!!!

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Hi folks! After many requests, we're full speed ahead on the development of a system for the 80 (and simultaneously the 5th gen). The first system will be our flagship System Alpha, and there will be a single or double extra drawer module option, known as our Zulu drawers. The Bravo system will be developed if we get enough interest.

We are fairly new to the 80, and therefore would appreciate any input such as difference between model years, configurations, etc.

I will be updating this thread with any pertinent info as well as possibly starting a pre-order. These are hand built one at a time, so it will be first-come first-serve. More info to come...

Let's please keep this thread clean and on topic with questions and comments regarding this project, not a debate on whether you like drawer systems, etc. It's much easier for those searching for information to not have to wade through too much to find the answers they seek. Thank you!

David

Outdoorx4 (14 of 20)-1-1.2.jpg

TrekboxX

Hey folks. Good news- the 100 series base system is a perfect fit, so the process will move quickly. I'm still looking for input on model differences in regards to mounting locations. The 94 I'm working on has 3rd row mounting locations as well as 4 tie downs. I'm aware the HDJ81 does not have the 3rd row, but can anyone confirm they have the same tie down points? Thanks!
IMG_8376.jpgIMG_8350.jpg

Mayne

Explorer
Good to see you're expanding and doing well Dave. If it's anything near as nice as what goes in the Hundy's this is a quality piece of kit! I've seen them out on the trail, they are well thought out, and meticulous in detail. That, and Dave is pretty nice guy to boot.

Hope to connect with you again sometime out on the trail!
Cheers

Last edited:

TrekboxX

Thank you, Sir! Good to hear from you. I'd love to do another trip with you fine folks. I am back in action after a long hiatus from an injury, so let's plan something...

TrekboxX

Hi folks. Almost done with the design for the 80. The base system is the same size as the 100 series- big! The good news is that the 80 has more vertical space, probably due to the lack of airbags/rear a/c, so there will be a ton of space on the shelf above the fridge.

Question- the 80 donor I have has quite a "hump" in the floor running between the wheel wells. Is this normal? If you draw a line between the rearmost edge of the wheel wells this area is about 1/2" higher than the rest of the floor. Also, one of the reinforcement ribs right of center and just behind the 2nd row is substantially higher than the rest. Can anyone confirm this is normal?

Thanks!
TLC80SA Master.jpg

TrekboxX

Hey guys, we're starting a limited quantity (12) pre-order for the first production run on these systems. There will be a 10% discount for the first dozen customers. More info on the website or pm me with any questions!

TrekboxX

Hey all! I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm running a sale for the next week. I rarely do sales, but to be honest the heat this summer kicked my butt! I'd like to have those of you interested get a system while it's cooler under the welding helmet. Also, since these take a while to build, it avoids the last minute rush builds for a planned summer trip, etc.

Sale will run from Oct. 16th - 23rd. If you want a reminder sign up for my email list and I'll let you know what's going on.

Email list

Also, you can finance the system for 6 months interest free if that's an issue. Details HERE.

Thanks all!
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior