Tribe EX500

DFNDER

Guess the Tribe EX500 is the stealth product launch that ROA teased about on FB. There are a few videos up on utube, and a product page on ROA but nothing on Tribe’s page yet. Quite the stealthy launch. I guess the trailer industry is getting to be like the arms industry and secrecy is the new strategy. Will be interesting to see if it makes me regret my EOS since it’s got some nice attributes like garage height towing size, but not enough info to tell anything yet.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So Tuff Stuff is now Tribe. I have been hoping a off road hardsided pop up would come to market. RKS s first design of thier toyhauler was a hardsided pop up the I was super excited about. For what ever reason they bagged it and went with the Motive which is just to tall and heavy for me.

Hate to speculate but these guys have typical RV dealers and off road type dealers. And lots of them. It's not clear to me where they are manufactured. Looks like they are ramping up to build a lot of units.

Anyone know any details on thier suspension design?

DFNDER

Looks like the Tribe is yet another Chinese import. Found it on alibaba. ROA said the new hard sided pop up they would announce on FB was US made. Must be different than this one then.

I called a dealer and asked about the new Tribe 500. He yelled " hey Harry were are the new Tribes manufacturerd?" Harry responded huh I think they are assembled or I guess manufacturerd in huh..somewhere in northern California "

Not even saying this is a deal killer for folks and I do feel like ROA maybe looking to carry less expensive rigs for the common man but 65k plus mods. I don't think this one will achieve that regardless of were its manufacturerd.

Last edited:

DFNDER

ROA said on FB their new stealth announcement would be a US made trailer. If it’s this one, then they are probably pulling the old “assembled in US” trick with what is clearly an already alibaba trailer.

rehammer81

ROA said on FB their new stealth announcement would be a US made trailer. If it’s this one, then they are probably pulling the old “assembled in US” trick with what is clearly an already alibaba trailer.
They typically skirt around "US made" for the Dwellers too. I'm all for options and I am not opposed to some Chinese manufacturing but I wish they would just be up front about it. Tell me why, if you can, this Chinese product is better. How are they maintaining quality control? At least the Dwellers are "designed" for the US with passenger side entry, kitchens, awnings, etc. This is still configured with drivers side amenities.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DFNDER

Indoor kitchen only?

Looks like indoor and outdoor. There’s a video up on YouTube with a bit more info. I actually saw this thing on alibaba a little while ago when I was looking and moved on since I wasn’t interested in an import. Still not.

EPO

I see a 37 second video on YT that shows pull out storage with shelving on the driver's side (opposite of ROA's site) but I don't see a kitchen. Maybe I'm missing something.

Your Boreas is quality.

The video on Tribe website flashes the height and lenght in meters. Camp kitchen on drivers side. Why would they do this if MFGer in CA or AZ or anywhere else in USA. ROA had to be referring to some other trailer that is made in America...right?

EPO

Thx DFNDER. Still don't see the kitchen on passenger side. There is a pic of kitchen but I can't determine where it's located. Must need more caffeine.

Edit: Ah, it's in the front box. Agree Obsessed Hybrid man, no idea why they would "build" in US and put kitchen on driver's side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles