Tribe EX500

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hello everyone! Very excited about the EX 500. Keep the questions coming.

Yes, tribe is owned by the owner of Tuff Stuff.
Yes, the trailers will be manufactured in china. I thought they were manufactured in arizona where their other tribe trailers were, but they are not.

They own their own manufacturing plant in china and this is not outsourced.
They have their own proprietary suspension. Yes it has airbags, and shocks.

here is a quick walk around the trailer. Let me know what you guys think.

Right now they are projecting to release the trailer for around 55-65k depending on the components that they decide upon.

EPO

Thanks for supplying some info. Looks like the outdoor kitchen is on the North American driver's side?

ROA-OFFROAD

Thanks for supplying some info. Looks like the outdoor kitchen is on the North American driver's side?

correct however that will likely be changed over to the passenger side and the awning will be moved as well.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I am glad you cleared that up. Maybe just a tad surprised you could not tell just by looking at it and knowing the company that it was no where near "manufacturer in the USA" Not saying that this should be a deal killer for anyone as there are plenty of trailers on the market that are Chinese made. I assume your trying to find trailers that are more reasonable in price which I commend but if it has to be mod Ed out to the tune of 65k plus that maybe a bit high. Excited to see more details.

ROA-OFFROAD

I called a dealer and asked about the new Tribe 500. He yelled " hey Harry were are the new Tribes manufacturerd?" Harry responded huh I think they are assembled or I guess manufacturerd in huh..somewhere in northern California "

Not even saying this is a deal killer for folks and I do feel like ROA maybe looking to carry less expensive rigs for the common man but 65k plus mods. I don't think this one will achieve that regardless of were its manufacturerd.

We are shooting for 55k. It may be above that but we are trying to keep costs down as much as possible. We have spent the last 2 days going through the trailer to look at what we recommend changing and are submitting that today. We are very excited about this trailer and feel it will fill a huge void in the market.

ROA-OFFROAD

I am glad you cleared that up. Maybe just a tad surprised you could not tell just by looking at it and knowing the company that it was no where near "manufacturer in the USA" Not saying that this should be a deal killer for anyone as there are plenty of trailers on the market that are Chinese made. I assume your trying to find trailers that are more reasonable in price which I commend but if it has to be mod Ed out to the tune of 65k plus that maybe a bit high. Excited to see more details.

Doing everything we can to keep cost within reach while fixing some issues that just can’t be there. The unit is in utah for anyone that would like to come see it. All are welcome!

We are shooting for 55k. It may be above that but we are trying to keep costs down as much as possible. We have spent the last 2 days going through the trailer to look at what we recommend changing and are submitting that today. We are very excited about this trailer and feel it will fill a huge void in the market.

If your shooting for 55K may I suggest you post that on your website instead of 65K

ROA-OFFROAD

Indoor kitchen only?

Indoor and outdoor kitchen. Apparently their outdoor kitchen will be pretty unique and modular because you might be able to remove the stove and put it anywhere in the campsite. They have some pretty cool plans for this rig. But 2 kitchens for sure. Indoor and outdoor.

ROA-OFFROAD

If they own the plant, why is the same trailer available on alibaba? That’s a bit confusing.

Because that was their trailer haha. Their plant I guess took the liberty of trying to sell their trailer in china, but they were forbidden to sell to the usa. Either way, its being removed and the ad is being taken down because its their own proprietary design that is not available for purchase to anyone else. Glad you guys pointed it out. They have already been on the phone with their factory and shut that down pretty quick. The model is owned and built by tribe and is not available to anyone else.

ROA-OFFROAD

If your shooting for 55K may I suggest you post that on your website instead of 65K

I think they may be trying to do the opposite of what has happened with the last like 5 trailers that have been released. All manufactures gave us a price of x, and then a month later that price was increased, then increased again. I think my team may have just decided to post high and then we can surprise people if it comes in lower.

Grassland

How do these roofs lift, same kind of system as the canvass tent pop up trailers? Or something different?
What seals the gaps between the moving parts?

EPO

Good info ROA, thx. Serious questioning/thoughts though. With the recent threads of Chinese made trailers with long lists of documented problems accompanied by long threads, is there any difference in quality of this one? I'm sure you don't want to hear this but it is extraordinarily difficult to pay good hard earned money to result in having to deal with a constant stream of problems, some very serious, and propietary parts that can't be easily replaced.

I think they may be trying to do the opposite of what has happened with the last like 5 trailers that have been released. All manufactures gave us a price of x, and then a month later that price was increased, then increased again. I think my team may have just decided to post high and then we can surprise people if it comes in lower.

That makes sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94