Trixter404's 2011 Night Armor Xterra

Trixter404

Observer
Some photos from a second [wet] camping/wheeling/exploring trip in Tillamook State Forest with NWXC a few weeks ago. I learned on this trip that some trails aren't very RTT friendly. On a couple of occasions there were off-camber turns that leaned toward nearby trees...in one case we had to turn around because the tents were not going to get by without damage.

TgUai6u.jpg

RcG5YgN.jpg

Dz8XaUB.jpg

pdDdtod.jpg

j00qmUY.jpg

XH19rAG.jpg

Trixter404

Observer
Had a great Memorial Day weekend camping and exploring with friends from NWXC in Gifford Pinchot National Forest, north of Trout Lake.

Base Camp
wmeXRT6.jpg
a
fOLHjzO.jpg

We found some snow and Josh (jhberria) and I were the only two willing to cross...I quickly learned that I should have aired down (but what fun is that!)

Stuck (so close to the end!)
KO1P6eA.jpg

Winching Out
wjtZSRW.jpg

Stuck again on the way back out (still refused to air down)
y7CRX59.jpg

The crew...
nGapOTD.jpg

Mt. Adams
0nSqkMI.jpg

LC26GXR.jpg

GN4rUJk.jpg

gophere

Adventurer
Great pictures and great looking crew!
We're you running street pressure in them tires? Need to air down at least a little. Haha

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

jhberria

Adventurer
Great pictures and great looking crew!
We're you running street pressure in them tires? Need to air down at least a little. Haha

We both were on the first run through the snow.....and we both got stuck (several times). On the way back through, I aired down to 20psi, while Steve did not. Steve got stuck (again), while I plowed through with little drama. It's almost ridiculous how big of an effect airing down can have on off-road traction.

gophere

Adventurer
We both were on the first run through the snow.....and we both got stuck (several times). On the way back through, I aired down to 20psi, while Steve did not. Steve got stuck (again), while I plowed through with little drama. It's almost ridiculous how big of an effect airing down can have on off-road traction.
I'm a huge fan of airing down. Hit the dirt drop to 18, pavement at 36. Way more comfortable over the rocky stuff too.

Trixter404

Observer

I'm a huge fan of airing down. Hit the dirt drop to 18, pavement at 36. Way more comfortable over the rocky stuff too.

Yes, airing down would have been the right thing to do, but I made it amazingly far the first time through before getting stuck.

Trixter404

Observer
Day trip up Fortune Creek Trail with Jhberria and another NWXC member in hopes of making it to Gallagher Head Lake. Unfortunately there were snow drifts on the trail keeping us just a half of a mile from reaching it.

zBgiHrv.jpg

eWecV5V.jpg

TScDMcF.jpg

K49UOEm.jpg

1KGyp94.jpg

qBggPpZ.jpg

BdwWzg7.jpg

Last edited:

Trixter404

Observer
A few of us local Xterra guys spent a recent weekend camping and exploring the Barlow Road Trail. This is an easy (but fun) trail that begins near Government Camp, OR. We camped near the beginning on the first night and followed it the next day to Tygh Valley on the dry, eastern side of the Cascades, where we camped the second night. I think that it's safe to say that we all had a blast. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures while on trail...

vS6nUpR.jpg

Ok98OxP.jpg

6kHjMSu.jpg

eCs5Xz5.jpg

Pj9rcgK.jpg

fxJtdRK.jpg

8eFw4rv.jpg

Trixter404

Observer
Ordered and installed SpiderTrax 1.5" wheels spacers. I like the new stance. I also disconnected my front sway bar (it's not removed yet, just disconnected to see how it handles).

h49EJsM.jpg

2aywX5W.jpg

Before:
282nNz5.jpg

After:
HuuR8AH.jpg

GFf4E1K.jpg

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I'll be interested to see how it goes w/o the front sway bar. I've removed my rear and with the stiffer leaf pack, hardly notice a difference.

Sent from the Mountains

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz