Trooper Hood with Scoop

datrupr

Expedition Leader
The deisel Troopers around the worl have a hood scoop on thier hood. I think these look pretty cool. Anyone know where I can maybe pick one up? Maybe along with the deisel engine? Just thinking out loud right now.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Here is a picture of a Holden Jackaroo with the deisel motor. Check out the scoop on the hood. I actually like the Bull Bar on there too. Come to think of it, I like the whole truck......hmmmmmmmm. Maybe I should go to Austrailia and pick me up a new toy. No, bad idea.

Scott Brady

Founder
Great minds think alike... I wanted to do the same thing before my Trooper 'semi' retired. I think it would look slick!

Attachments

• Cedar Key Scrub_tonemapped.jpg
    Cedar Key Scrub_tonemapped.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 4

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Go to the site I posted, They have some pretty sweet Patrols on there for sale. Only around $42,000 au. I think that is somewhere in the neighborhood of around $30,000 us.

I might have to check that idea out. I wonder what they would cost and then what the cost for shipping would be????

The problem with that is then I would want to do the diesel conversion to make it official.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
the hood scoop looks like a non-functional bling on the patrol. It almost looks as if it is one of the stick 'em ones you can buy from JC Whitney. Either way way cool to see what they got Down Unda'!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Yeah, it is probably non functional on the Trooper/Jackaroo also, but it is a bit of cool bling that does not include chrome or gold.

Scott Brady

Founder
Interesting swap. But the vehicle does not have 4wd now, as they used the MB transmission and could not mate the transfer case.

I like the 3.5L. It has always impressed me :)

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Scott, I missed that on the details for the truck. I guess I should have read a bit further. :eek:

Attachments

• sm3.jpg
    sm3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • smaler.jpg
    smaler.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
  • $ 35.jpeg
    $ 35.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 3
  • OverheadRacks1_zpsffcf2602.jpg
    OverheadRacks1_zpsffcf2602.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Maybe one day my Trooper will grow up to look something like this.

Attachments

• ometrooper.jpg
    ometrooper.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 93

Scott Brady

Founder
That is a sweet machine.

It was for sale last year. Only $12,000, and I was THISSS close...

Tacoma%20and%20Jackaroo.jpg

Jackaroo.jpg

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Yup, deffinately a nice Trooper. Too bad I didn't see it last year when I bought mine, I probably would have tried to snatch it up.
That is a pretty sweet looking Taco too.

Attachments

• 20141025_134150.jpg
    20141025_134150.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 2
  • uploadfromtaptalk1393956422091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393956422091.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 3
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390781470459.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390781470459.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2

datrupr

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
the hood scoop looks like a non-functional bling on the patrol. It almost looks as if it is one of the stick 'em ones you can buy from JC Whitney. Either way way cool to see what they got Down Unda'!

Goofing around a bit today and I found a pic of a deisel Trooper in NZ with its hood open, and I'll be damned if it is not a functional scoop on the Troopers! Now I really want that deisel motor with the hood scoop. If and when the 3.5 (which I love) dies, I might have to seriously look into that.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
How about these really cool Troopers. They have some cool rigs in Iceland.

Attachments

• Troopers 911.jpg
    Troopers 911.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 60

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier